Monday, July 31, 2017

Bring on the Next Half Century!

Anne here.
Don't worry, I'm not going to list fifty reasons why fifty is nifty! But in looking at the first half century of my life, I'm thinking the next half century will be fun because there are certain benefits to being in the second half of life.


Let's face it, there are some things we don't have to do over! I don't have to be an awkward teenager ever again. I may have to reinvent my view of life as life stages move along, but I won't have to choose a career path again, and if I live a healthy average life span I won't have to learn to walk again or worry about potty training for several more decades, lol (theoretically!).

I hope to be a life-half-full-type person in the next half of life. Let "golden" be as golden as it can be with priceless moments and friendships! While I'm grateful that wisdom does eventually come with age, I'm particularly glad to have more meaningful friendships than I've ever had in my life. In that regard, fifty is pretty nifty.

So despite black balloons and colonoscopy reminders, I shared chocolate cake, chocolate covered fruit, texts from the kids, dinner out with friends, and a beautiful summer day with Ted on my fiftieth!

A few shout-outs to the ones I love:
Special thanks to my Sister-Chucks for being you, and "getting me."





Special thanks to my #ChooseJoy Church Ladies for how you make my life richer.


Special thanks to my husband, family, and my office staff!



Thanks to Barbour Publishing for making a dream come true, can't wait to see what my first book signing will be like this Saturday, August 5th from 11am to 2pm. Hope to see some friendly faces! And I can't wait to see what the writing journey might be in the decades to come.


And just for kicks, I've decided if I need a new hobby to keep life full of joy in this second half of life, I choose learning to play the cello like these guys!


So, bring on the second half of life!!
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter
Find me on: Instagram

4 comments:

  1. Love your positive attitude Anne. Congratulations on your book signing. Wish I could be there and by the way Happy Happy Birthday!! 🎂🎂☕️☕️🎂🎂☕️☕️

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO! Happy 50th to you dear lady! I love all the fun you had with it. I had some fun with my 40th a week ago and agree with you - no having to go through any of that awkward growing up phases. :) Oh man, if only I was closer I would pop over to your book signing. I pray you have a fabulous time and take lots of pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 50th Birthday. May you have 50 more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday,Anne! Looks like you had fun,thanks for sharing it with us. Congrats on the book signing,too! God Bless!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)