First, I have to say, there are few little known facts about me. I'm (excuse the pun) an open book. My husband often says I wear my heart on my sleeve, and it's true. I'm an extroverted, relational-type person and I enjoy sharing my life experiences with others. With that said, I'll try to dig deep and see if there's something I haven't already shared--or, at least, haven't shared too many times. ;)
1. I'm the fourth generation to live in my hometown--and I've never wanted to live anywhere else. I love Minnesota, even with all it's cold weather and mosquitoes. Those are really my only two complaints. The people are kind, the change of seasons is refreshing, and the landscape is varied and beautiful.
|The kids and I at a state park last fall.|
We love our backyard so much, we invite our friends and
family to have campouts with us!
4. I was homeschooled for six years. I attended public elementary school until fourth grade and then I started homeschooling in fifth. I went back in eleventh grade and finished my degree with a year of post-secondary education. I loved homeschooling so much, we decided to start homeschooling our children once they reach third grade. That means I currently have my two daughters at home (6th & 4th grade), and my twin boys are in a private school in 1st grade.
|This is what a typical day looks like in our classroom. :)|
6. A couple months before I became pregnant with my twin boys, my mom had a dream that I was going to have twins. (I laughed at that notion.) On the day of our ultrasound, we stopped at her work to tell her the news and she met us at the front door and said: "You're having twins, aren't you?" You could have knocked me over with a feather!
|My mom meeting the boys for the first time.|
8. My husband is the only man I've ever kissed, and we shared our first kiss when we were seventeen. We started dating that summer and were married almost exactly four years later at the age of twenty-one. This June will mark the 20th Anniversary of our first date. That's crazy!
|This was a few months after we started to date--and it|
happens to be the very couch where he kissed me
for the first time.
10. When I retire, my dream is to take an RV on a trip across the United States. My husband's dream is to take the trip in a corvette. We have an agreement that whoever writes the check can choose how we travel. :)
There you have it! Ten little known facts about me.
I'd love to hear some of yours! What is your earliest memory? Where did you grow up? Big family, or small? Did you marry the first man you ever kissed? What's your retirement dream (or reality!)?
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website
Sign up for My Newsletter