First, Love Inspired Historical asked for three scene ideas for the cover. I needed to think of three important scenes in the book that convey the heart of the story, and would make a good cover. For A Mother in the Making (releasing in September), I immediately identified what three scenes that would be.
First Scene Idea:
- Third Floor Attic Nursery
- Heroine (the governess) is playing blind man's bluff with the children. She's wearing a blindfold and the hero walks up and taps her on the shoulder. She thinks it's the oldest son, and throws her arms around him, thinking she's caught him and won the game. Instead, her arms are around the hero. :)
Second Scene Idea:
- Hero and Heroine have been shopping downtown for Christmas, with the four children, and are walking out of the theater about to get into their Model T Ford.
- The movies play an important part in the story.
Third Scene Idea:
- Heroine is about to leave town on Christmas morning, but the hero goes to the depot to stop her from making a mistake.
- It doesn't take much for the hero to convince her to stay. :)
Those are the three scene suggestion I sent to my publisher. I have no idea which one they will choose, but I can't wait to find out!
Your Turn: Which of the three scenes do you like the best?
***I have a winner from last week's drawing!! The winner of the four February Love Inspired Historical novels is: Cheryl Baranski!! Cheryl, I'll be sure to send you a message and get those stories to your Kindle right away!! Congratulations!!***
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website