Thursday, April 16, 2015

Writing, Reading, Editing, Oh My!

A writer's life is never boring. I know Jaime, Anne, and Erica can attest to that. I thought it would be fun to give you a sneak peek into some of the things I'm currently working on.

My first published story, Four Brides and a Bachelor, will release on May 1st from Barbour Publishers. The story will appear in The Most Eligible Bachelor Collection, along with The Archaeologist's Find, by Erica. My story is set in 1852 near my hometown in central Minnesota, and it's inspired by a true story.


For my new release, I'm planning my very first book signing! It will be held on Saturday, May 9th, a week after the story releases. I plan to give away fun prizes and bring yummy treats to share. I'm already overwhelmed with the support I'm receiving from my community! I can't wait for the party to start!

I'm also in the process of finishing up edits for my latest trade-length novel, yet to be named. I'm reading through it one more time and then it's off to my critique partners for their feedback. When I send them my manuscript, they will send me theirs. I'm looking forward to reading their stories, as well.

I also just received a galley copy of my next novella, A Groom for Josette, releasing July 1, 2015 in The Convenient Bride Collection. I need to read through the story one more time and make last-minute changes. This story is set in 1856 in three locations along the Mississippi River, and part of it takes place on a steamboat. I'll share more later!


Amidst all of that, I also decided to enter a writing contest! It's a unique contest, in so much that the story is not yet written. You submit a story blurb and first page, and if it's chosen, you write the first three chapters and synopsis--and if that's chosen, you write the full manuscript. I sent in my blurb and first page, and now I'm waiting to hear if I make the first cut!

Add in a writer's retreat in May (Erica will be there!) and a fun trip to Washington, D.C. with my mom, mother-in-law, and daughters, and you have a very full (but exciting) schedule.

Your Turn: If you're a writer, what are you currently working on? If you're a reader, what are you reading right now? It's interesting to think about the writer behind the story, and all that she does to get the book into your hands!

Gabrielle Meyer:
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website







4 comments:

  1. WHEW! Gabe, thanks for letting us peek into your very busy life! Congrats on your soon 2 B released Four Brides and a Bachelor. Good luck in the writing contest. Enjoy the writers retreat. Have a TERRIFIC THURSDAY! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I feel your excitement and the stress! :) And I hope you have a 'stressful' summer writing for that contest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since there are four of you now I'd love to see you all each write a novella, a continuing story, where each take a different character and move the story along. Kind of like The Smitten series. Wouldn't that be fun? And you would have lots of supporters!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats, Gabrielle - looking forward to reading each novella/novel you've written!! So much involved in writing - from the first idea to publishing, promoting, etc.; my thanks to each Christian fiction writer/author. I've just finished reading/reviewing "Grace Like Rain" for Julie Lessman and "The Lumberjacks' Ball" for Carrie Fancett Pagels. Love the idea Gail H. has!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)