Monday, April 27, 2015

My Neck o' the Woods

Springtime is a time of promise and new life. 
In Indiana we enjoy amazing spring woodland flowers.
My daughter is studying abroad in Ireland for this semester. 
This is one of her favorite things, watching "the woods flowers".
I hope you enjoy them!


"Bleeding Heart"
(not really a native woodland flower, but lovely nevertheless!)
"Spring Beauty"

"Dutchman's Britches"

"Trout Lilly"

"Toadshade"

 "Bloodroot"
My daughter's favorite is Trillium. But they won't bloom until early May around her birthday.

Luke 12:27-28

"Consider the lilies, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; but I tell you, not even Solomon in all his glory clothed himself like one of these. "But if God so clothes the grass in the field, which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, how much more will He clothe you? You men of little faith!

What are your favorite Springtime blooms?

-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads

8 comments:

  1. Anne, The "woods flowers" are GORGEOUS! Here in Texas we have fields of bluebonnets and other wildflowers. Have a blessed week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wisteria, that blooms on a bush but we're training it into a tree shape.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish we could grow Wisteria here in our zone!! Oh we also have a Jack-in-the Pulpit but I don't think it's up yet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love them all!! Thanks for the beautiful pics, Anne!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love roses and tulips!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have some roses, but I wish we had more tulips!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)