Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Publishing Hiccups!

This last month has been one of extreme excitement and anticipation behind the scenes here at CC&C, and also one of disappointment and delay. We've got some fun things in the works regarding the blog, but due to crammed schedules, we've had to put on hold unveiling and announcing this news.

And Jaime had something wonderful she wanted to share, but she had to keep a wrap on her news due to a hiccup in the publishing world. (though, props to her, she still celebrated by hosting a giveaway.)

This week, it was my turn to be deflated. After announcing for weeks that March 1st would see the release of my FREE Dime Novel, The Legend of Obadiah Wilder, there has been a hitch in the formatting of the file, and the book didn't release on time. Consternation! I HATE promising something, then due to circumstances beyond my control, not being able to deliver on that promise. I've received tentative news that the ebook should release before the end of this week, but who knows? I'll be sure to let folks know when it does go live!

However, all is not lost. Not everything has been a bummer lately. There is a little bit of fun news.

1) Colorado Dawn, my 3-in-1 historical romance collection, hit the ECPA Fiction Best-seller list for February! SQUEE! You can see the list by clicking on the link below:







http://christianbookexpo.com/bestseller/fiction.php?id=0215 

2. To celebrate, my publisher is offering the e-version of Colorado Dawn for just $.99 cents for the month of March!

http://www.amazon.com/Colorado-Dawn-Historical-Romancing-America-ebook/dp/B00OC3AG1O/ref=sr_1_2_twi_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1425327590&sr=8-2&keywords=colorado+dawn

So, in spite of a few hiccups and setbacks, we're all plugging away, and we're celebrating the good news while bearing with the not so good news.

Stay tuned here, because we will be announcing some fun things here on the blog soon!

Do you have any good news to share? Let us know in the comments so we can celebrate with you!



Executive Assistant
Earl Grey Aficionado 
Find me on PINTEREST
Find me on GOODREADS
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

9 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about the book. I'm glad to see there's a reason I haven't found it yet! I look forward to reading that and the novel when it's released in a few months. Better yet, I look forward to having you join the Tantalizing Tea Ladies for tea! As for good news? Hmm....I don't know that I have any earth shattering good news. Spring's around the corner.....it's supposed to hit the 50's next week. Maybe that will do for good news in Minnesota!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to visit the TTLs again!

      The weather today is the pits...but that warmup is coming! Yay!!!

      Delete
  2. Thanks Erica! I just purchased Colorado Dawn. I think I've mentioned previously that our son is getting married July 11th. So much excitement in the air, lots of planning, some ups and downs. Finally ordered and received my wedding outfit and despite my size I love it! My husband had to co-sign for them to be eligible for an apartment since they don't have a credit rating yet. We will be soon experiencing empty nest since he will move in sometime in April and be on his own for the first time in his almost 27 years! We brought him home from the hospital where we still live now so,this is the only home he's ever lived in. Lots of changes going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay for a new fancy dress and a great place/occasion to wear it! I hope adjust quickly to your 'new normal' as empty nesters! :)

      Delete
  3. This is a business of hiccups..... So we keep multiple pots cooking, stirring regularly, with toes in multiple markets. I think we're in the most amazing of times, where writers can finally grab the reins and take hold of their careers. How awesome is that????? You go, girls! Keep on, keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ruthy! You're right. It's a great time to be an author. :)

      Delete
  4. It's the glitches that make us appreciate the good times coming - so get ready!! We appreciate the hard work of everyone and await patiently the wonderful end results of those slowly turning wheels!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. Though I wasn't personally involved - some good news in my area is that the thousands of people stranded by snow for 24 hours on I-65 in a 26 mile traffic tie-up have been rescued by the National Guard and are safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)