Tuesday, March 17, 2015

My Muse

She dances with the inexperience of a dreamer, her arms reaching into the whispers of the breeze as if she will fly.

Her inhibitions are ghosts that wait to come alive as she ages, but for now, sleep beneath the spell of a princess's smile.

Laughter rises from her heart and its music waltzes through the forest, alighting on the sunset, and reminding the world that joy is only a pirouette away.

With innocence, she twirls and spins, jumps and bows. She is awkward, she is untrained. She moves with the grace of a novice but the heart of a graceful ballerina.

She doesn't recognize failure. In her eyes, there is only music, and movement. In her mind, she is beautiful, she is a princess, she has conquered.

She is my daughter. She is my inspiration. She is my muse.

_________________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me OnlineSign up for my NEWSLETTER
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

5 comments:

  1. So beautiful, Jaime. Daughters are one of the greatest joys of a lifetime. Praying for protection of her innocence and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They truly are!! And yes, that is SO MUCH my prayer!!

      Delete
  2. That's beautiful, Jaime - brought tears to my eyes. My children are boys and I don't have the pleasure of my only granddaughter's company often enough - as she lives several states away from me. Isn't the innocence and joy of children touching??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful thing, to be sure!!!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)