Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Behind The Scenes At A Writer's Conference

It's that time of year again! Erica, Anne and I are gearing up for the annual ACFW Writer's Conference where we will all converge on St. Louis like a gaggle of nutsos who hear voices in their heads. Mark your calendars 'cause there is going to be a TON of photo action on my Facebook page http://www.facebook.com/jaimewrightbooks ! Selfies with famous people you care more about than me ;), group photos, insights into what goes on behind the scenes and more!! SO be sure to mark your calendars, 'cause the fun starts on September 25th. And we'll post some to the blog here too. No worries. :)

All that to say, I'm prepping wildly. I have my book written, business cards ordered, agent standing behind me, and editors to pitch to. I need to complete a few small things and focus on not hyperventilating.

There is a fun mixer going around right now, for your first behind the scenes look at a writer's life. I've answered some questions below and if you want to have fun and see who else will be making appearances, click through on the links!

Here are the questions and my answers!

Name: Jaime Wright
Location: Wisconsin
What you write/tagline/trademark: Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense.
Place in the book world: Pre-published author represented by Mary Keeley of Books & Such Literary. Currently working on my third manuscript while the first two are out on submission!
On a scale of hugger to 10-foot-pole, please rate your personal space: Depends on if I've had my coffee or not. And then keep the holding length to a minimum. Those long drawn out, rocking back and forth things? ummmm....
The unique talking point that will get you going for hours: Coffee, my kids, coffee, books, coffee, anything, coffee ... did I say coffee?
Loved ones at home you’ll be missing: My 4 yr. old daughter Kokomo Jo, my mini-me Peter Pan, and the guy I married who doesn't drink coffee (says a lot that I still love him okay? lol)
Conference goals we can pray for? That my books will find their niche with the right publisher in God's timing. 
Anything we can celebrate with you? I bought a new pair of shoes for the formal gala!!
One or two ways we can help you build your platform? Yes! You can like my author page on Facebook and sign up for my brand new email list by clicking here! (I will NOT share your email with anyone and will only send an email with the very most important news.)
Now head on over here if you want to meet more writers attending this conference!!! What would you like to know from Anne, Erica and I as we prep for our Behind the Scenes look at a writer's conference?

_________________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me Online
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

11 comments:

  1. Cannot wait to see you! I'll be the caffeine-deprived one who holds on to our hug too long!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fact that your husband does NOT drink coffee is a very good thing....that just leaves more for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, this is the best one I've read yet on Laurie's blog. LOVE it! I hope we meet in person at the conference. I promise not to hold on too long! lol Thanks for laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your posts and pics from last year's ACFW and looking forward to this years'!! Guess you're taking your supply of coffee and coffee maker with you again (LOL)?? Would love to be there to see/meet all the writers/authors I've been talking to for so long!! Have fun - better catch up on your sleep before you go!! Are you rooming together?? Please post a schedule of the agenda at ACFW??

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with you on the coffee. Maybe we'll run into each other at the hotel Starbucks? Excited to see you at ACFW. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jamie, I'm surprised I'm in the picture at the top of this entry. Wow! I was grateful to meet some people at the zone breakfast last year that allowed me to sit at their table. I hope we meet again this year. I look forward to meeting all of you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jamie!! I'd love to meet you at ACFW this year--hopefully we'll run into each other somewhere along the way. It's always awesome to get to know other Bookies. Yay for new shoes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jaime! Love the way you spell your name and YAY for new shoes :) LOL that your hubby doesn't drink coffee. More for you, right? Hope to cross paths with you in 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jaime! Your paperbag-breathing photo is hilarious. :) See you in St. Louis!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I, too, am a fan of the paper-bag-breathing photo! See you at the conference!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)