Friday, April 11, 2014

Book Report: Dare to Love Again by Julie Lessman

Another Lessman Romance...

~~ The Queen of spunk and spitfire has done it again!

If you like a heroine with attitude and a hero with grit, you'll find it in Lessman's Dare to Love Again. True to form, she'll have you giggling at the first "Mr. Cranky Pants."

Socialite Allison McClare strikes out on a mission to teach the underprivileged children of Barbary Coast. But her uptown style draws unwanted attention from unsavory characters who make the dark streets their home.

Detective Nick Barone has better things to do than babysit a socialite with no street smarts and no sense for her own safety. Sparks fly when he finds the unyielding Miss McClare under his supervision.

But will Nick Barone, with a long e, join the ranks of the other frauds Allison has cared for in the past? "Or is he the one who will let her dare to love again?"

Julie Lessman: Award-winning author of “The Daughters of Boston” and “Winds of Change” series, Julie Lessman was American Christian Fiction Writers 2009 Debut Author of the Year and voted #1 Romance Author of the year in Family Fiction magazine’s 2012 and 2011 Readers Choice Awards. She has also garnered 14 RWA awards and made Booklist’s 2010 Top 10 Inspirational Fiction. You can contact Julie and read excerpts from her books at www.julielessman.com.

 Book one of this series is Love at any Cost, which I read on my last vacation. Apparently I like to read Julie's books while I'm on vacation. I wish I was on the cruise boat this week like I was when I read book one! I hope you enjoy this book as much as I did.

You are invited to make a comment for a chance to win a free copy (US only).
They say opposites attract. 
For a chance to win, what are the most opposite attractions between you and your spouse, or your parents, or your friends, that you can think of?
_____________

Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter 

19 comments:

  1. My kids and I have been watching the "When Calls the Heart" series on Hallmark, this sounds a lot like that. I think I'd like it!

    A big difference between my husband and I is that I want to travel and he prefers to stay home. His job requires him to travel some though and I'm able to go with him, so I get some traveling in! Makes me happy! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your husband and my husband must be related. :P

      Delete
    2. Oh Melissa, my husband likes the beech and I like the mountains. He likes the ocean and I like terra firm.:)

      Delete
  2. You should've gone on another cruise to read this one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that I have time to read again, I want to read everything! This blog has yet to let me down for good reads recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love anything Julie writes - always inspiring, and makes me both laugh and cry!!

    One of my best friends is the opposite of her husband - he is always the "life of the party" and keeps people laughing, leans toward OCD, and loves to spend and buy two of everything - while she is more sullen, a miser, a "thinker", and very level-headed. But - they can't do without each other, were married for many years - separated, then back together for many years now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great story of iron sharpening iron Bonnie, through the thick and thin! My hubby is extroverted as they come, and I tend toward the middle of the extroverted/introverted-ometer. We make it work! :)

      Delete
  5. My husband likes to save money, I like to spend it! He stays calm and cool in emergencies whereas I panic. He's 6' 5in tall and I'm 5' 4in short. I love going to the beach, he'd rather stay inside and watch TV when we vacation. But we are alike in all the ways that really matter. Been married almost 33 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Alike in the ways that matter"---love that Gail!

      Delete
  6. Well, my husband and I are different when it comes to food. I wouldn't mind trying new things but he is totally against it and he does not like anything with butter or cheese on/in it (except cheese on pizza, go figure!).
    garfsgirl [at] hotmail [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  7. ANNIE-GIRL ... thank you SO MUCH for the promo, my friend, and hey, LOVE the new nickname -- The Queen of spunk and spitfire!!

    MEGA thanks to you and Jaime for your ongoing support, and HOLY COW ... Erica is part of your team??? WAY COOL -- LOVE that woman!!

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You betcha Julie!! :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  8. Love Julie's books, thanks for the chance to win!

    As for opposites attracting, I'm not married but recently in a serious relationship and we are quite similar in many respects.
    Maybe not in the handling of money like someone mentioned above... He has a big heart and loves to give where I think more of saving and security. Also like Gail above he is 6'3 in tall and I am 5 foot nothing.

    pattymh2000(at)yahoo(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, cute "five foot nothing". Sweet. Thanks for sharing everyone!

      Delete
  9. I think one of the things that makes my husband and I so opposite from one another is the fact that he is very organized and tidy. I tend to be more carefree, I'm not messy, but I'm not particular about everything being in an exact location. It drives him batty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a particularly OCD neat freak either, but I do wish I could do better at tidiness. I tell my husband that I'm really a frustrated neat freak.

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)