Tuesday, April 1, 2014

BIG CHANGES at CCC!!

It's been well over a year since Anne and I started Coffee Cups and Camisoles. We have been blessed by all of our readers, imbibed in ginormous amounts of coffee, given away books and coffee and more books, talked about everything from pit bulls to mint factories to genealogy to the H1N1 virus.

But it's time for a change.

Recently, I sent the writing world into an outrage (exaggeration included) when I posted that to write a good book one must drink a lot of coffee. This was offense to some, although almost true in 95% of the cases ;)

But it's time we represent tea drinking writers. Yes. I said it. THIS is the big announcement. To do this effectively we are opening our CCC arms wide to our newest, greatest, most amazing and treasured friend, published author, Erica Vetsch.

Yes!! WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER OF THE CCC BLOG!

Here's us at last September's writers conference. We have ZERO fun and absolutely no interaction with each other at all. Actually, the truth is, Anne is the one who gets the short end of the stick in this arrangement, because Erica and I live three hours apart. So if we meet in the middle, it's not outrageous to see each other's faces in person once a month. That's assuming normal life doesn't drive a wedge between our meetings. Which it typically does.

Anywhosawhatsun...

Anne and I are excited to break up our tight knit duo for a fabulous author and lady who fits right in. Note picture above. See? Crazy. She's a gem. And she drinks tea. Which is why it took us SO DARN LONG to open our blog to her. Earl Gray is NOT a flavor of coffee, so this disturbed us at first, and while we're all for open minds, our blog title IS Coffee Cups and Camisoles. But then we had to reconcile the fact that neither Anne nor myself wears camisoles--at least not in the old fashioned sense of the word-- and, if Erica would agree to sip her tea from a coffee cup, a compromise might be met.

So please welcome our Erica!! No lurking, no reading this post and thinking "oh that's nice". COMMENT!! Because we're also giving away some yummy samples of coffee and some Earl Gray tea to celebrate. You're on your own for finding a camisole -- not going there.

Erica will be posting her first blog tomorrow, so check back in for this first of April celebration.

AND NO. This is NOT an April Fool's joke :)

_________________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me Online
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

55 comments:

  1. Woo hoo! Welcome, welcome, welcome, Erica! It's SO good to see you here! :)
    Campbellamyd at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's going to be SO COOL have Erica here!

      Delete
    2. Hi, Amy! I'm so excited to be here! We're going to have a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. Ladies I'm a coffee and a tea drinker. Although I would not trade coffee for Earl Grey tea there are some other pretty good tea options. You should try some but of course after that first cup of morning coffee :) Welcome Erica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Sharon. What flavors of tea do you like? My daughter likes green tea...but to me it tastes like grass! Blech!

      Delete
    2. Waving dear friend Sharon! She loves green tea Erica! :)

      Delete
  3. Looking forward to getting to know Erica!! And having a fellow tea drinker on the blog! Earl Grey, English Breakfast, and plain old black are some of my favorites! =) Welcome Erica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erica is all about the tea ;)

      Delete
    2. Yay! A tea drinker after my own heart. :)

      Delete
    3. Twinings English Breakfast lover here!

      Delete
    4. I've tried to like coffee, but I just can't do it. I like iced coffee and coffee flavored things, like candy and ice cream, but I just can't do hot coffee. Tea is so relaxing!

      Delete
  4. Welcome and also looking to get to know Erica and her books can't wait to see who all gets to be published Hang in there you'll all make it.
    From a hot chocolate fan.. :) no tea or coffee for me :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cool thing, is Erica IS already published and her books are fabulous!! Watch for tomorrow's post for your first chance to be exposed to these great historical romances!! (and hot chocolate is totally fine -- have you tried Starbucks' hot chocolate??)

      Delete
    2. Hi, Sharon! Hot chocolate is wonderful! Especially during a Minnesota snowstorm. I love the hot chocolate at Panera. Enormous cups, lots of whipped cream, and a drizzle of chocolate syrup. :)

      Delete
    3. Oh sweet! Thanks for the well wishes. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm a coffee drinker.... Every now and then I enjoy some tea... I like the different kinds a David's tea.... However coffee is my first choice :) I can't wait to hear more about your books Erica!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! LISA!!! COFFEE RULES!!!...but tea is a close second ;)

      Delete
    2. Hi, Lisa! Thank you so much for the welcome. I'll have to check out David's tea. I drink Bigelow, Caribou, and Dunn Bros. mostly.

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful addition to your blog. You'll make a terrific trio! I'm glad you invited Erica, even though she's a tea drinker. I'm not a fan of coffee myself. It smells great, but I can't stand the taste. It's herbal tea for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, as long as you can appreciate the aroma, Keli, come visit us often here at CCC :) <3

      Delete
    2. aroma of coffee that is. wow. that came out weird.

      Delete
    3. I love the smell of coffee, too. I drink coffee when I pile enough stuff in it to cut the bitterness of the brew. :) Thanks so much for coming by today, Keli!

      Delete
  7. Erica! So happy to see you here and thanks for representing the tea ladies! Erica is an honorary member of our book club and I am anxious to read the blog tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by the blog, Becky. I brag to everyone I know about the fabulous tea ladies! :)

      Delete
    2. Nice to meet you Becky! I love coffee first, tea second. Heehee.

      Delete
  8. Yay, Erica! Tea is much better than coffee...especially Earl Grey! Coffee smells great, but the taste just doesn't measure up to the smell. Looking forward to reading your post tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristine, I agree! Earl Grey is the best! :D Yay for tea ladies!

      Delete
    2. Not sure why Earl Grey never did it for me. Might have to retry it.

      Delete
  9. Welcome to the blog Erica, I look forward to reading your posts. I'm a coffee and tea drinker, love a good cuppa chai, but I have to have my morning coffee, for the sake of the children!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, have you tried Bigelow's Spiced Chai? It's heavenly!

      Delete
    2. I love real home made chai, but not the fake flavored stuff.

      Delete
  10. Yea, Erica! You and your friends are invited to come for tea anytime. But I do also love coffee. Although I mostly use a mug whether I'm sipping tea or savoring coffee, I think you should introduce teacups into CCC. There is a special elegance to sipping coffee from a pretty cup.
    Blessings on this new writing adventure. I'll check back tomorrow to read Erica's post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Bev! You're right. The cup makes a big difference. And the tea ladies have so many to choose from.

      Delete
    2. Great to have you Bev! Many a fond memory with my mom and grandma are of tea.

      Delete
  11. How neat - welcome!!! I guess we will allow a tea drinker here. ;) I've tried tea and can stomach it a few times. Never had Earl Grey. But lattes own my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried a chocolate latte this last week...then switch back to tea. :D

      Delete
  12. Welcome, Erica!!

    I enjoy Frappuccino and flavored coffees/creamers, however - love most any kind of tea, iced or hot. My favorites are the fruit -flavored ones, and I drink green and red tea for their therapeutic benefits. I love most anything related to tea - tea cups, individual teapots, cozies, tea-for-one cups, and having High Tea - with all the scrumptious delicacies that go with it!!

    Looking forward to getting to know you - Erica!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Another tea drinker! I love sun tea with lots of ice in the summertime. :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Bonnie! Thanks for welcoming Erica to our crew!

      Delete
  13. I love tea and am not a fan of coffee, so I'm excited to have a tea lover! Welcome Erica! Can't wait to learn more about you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) At this rate, the tea drinkers might rise up in greater numbers than the coffee drinkers. ;) Nice to meet you, Sarah!

      Delete
  14. Welcome Erica! I'm so excited to read your posts! Personally, I'm a tea drinker and I love Earl Grey, so I'm always happy to meet another tea lover! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thank you for the welcome, Sarah. Tea drinkers unite! :)

      Delete
    2. Wow another tea lover. We can't go wrong Erica!

      Delete
  15. Welcome Erica! Looking forward to,reading your posts. I'll bet Jaime and Ann will have you drinking coffee, the beverage of the gods, in no time! I love winning free books too, hint hint, wink wink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tune in tomorrow, Gail. A free book or two might be up for grabs. :D

      Delete
    2. Thanks for welcoming Erica here Gail!

      Delete
  16. Wow! Welcome to Erica!! :-) Can't wait to read her first blog post!
    ~Cecelia Dowdy~
    http://ceceliadowdy.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Cecelia! Thanks for welcoming me here. :)

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)