Wednesday, March 12, 2014

I Quit

I quit second guessing myself ... I write because I love it, not because I want to be Edgar Allen Poe or Emilie Bronte

I quit playing by the rules ... especially in my first draft. Just write. Who cares if I overuse the word "just" or my first chapter is as boring as page one of Webster's Dictionary.

I quit rationing coffee ... dumbest. idea. ever. bring it on

I quit thinking my writing stinks ... maybe it does, but I don't need to know that

I quit harboring feelings of guilt ... just because I don't rip out two manuscripts a year doesn't mean I should feel guilty about it

I quit hating my heroine ... it's not her fault she annoys me, it's mine - rewrite her

I quit chocolate ... psych. not really

I quit looking ten years into the future wondering if this was worth all the pain ... if nothing else, it's my hobby - who wonders that about their hobby?

I quit comparing myself ... it's like comparing a milk cow to a beef cow - they both serve different purposes and both are nutritional ;)

I quit writing ... I'm just going to create

I quit ... quitting.

'Nuf said.


... anything you're deciding to "quit" today?


_________________________________

Jaime Wright - 

Spirited and gritty turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :) - Represented by: Books & Such Literary Agency

Find me Online
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest

10 comments:

  1. I love this! So true. I quit, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go girl! We are our worst critics. As one of my favorite authors, Sheila Roberts, said recently, not everyone likes the same authors, writing styles, etc. How boring we would all be if we did. Hang in there, write what you like and maybe not every single person will like it but I guarantee, lots will!!
    I quit worrying about what others think several years ago. The wisdom of the aged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you, Jaime!! Life is TOO short to be consumed with things that are LESS important than the MOST important!! I think you'll find the older you get - the LESS important MANY things are!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already quit cleaning (for the most part) lol -- less important than all those kiddo snuggles!

      Delete
    2. SO true, Jaime - your children will remember the snuggles forever, the less-than-perfect house - NOT!!

      Delete
  4. I quit expecting and demanding perfection from myself and others. Jesus was the only perfect person to live and He Who actually has the right to demand perfection, doesn't, so I shouldn't either.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)