Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Would you slow down?


I know I'm going to get a bunch "you're crazy's" but I can't wait for winter. I love when the world slows down its pace and settles into slumbering bliss, tucked warmly by fireplaces, with feather comforters and hot cocoa. Right now it seems the world is moving at a crazed pace, and everyone is hyped up on excessive amounts of Red Bull or something.

Yesterday WALKING through Walmart I was almost run over by a lady in a white Chrysler going somewhere - fast. I wanted to scream after her, "Yeah! and I'm carrying a child too!" but I didn't. See, I know one of these days, stress will catch up to her and be her own form of self-induced wicked punishment. In the meantime, I did some pretty amazing gymnastics and got out of the way. Yeah for being able to balance an 18 month old on my hip while inadvertently doing the chicken dance and pushing a grocery cart.

And the kids! The youth kids are back in school. My cell phone is dinging continuously throughout the evening. I was text messaging with one of the kids from youth group last night for 3 hours. THREE HOURS! Yes, I was having a blast because deep inside, I relate to Freshmen on many levels--their maturity being one of them. However, my fingers were forced to fly so fast I probably could've texted the Declaration of Independence in 5.1 seconds if the text messaging format gave me more than 150 characters.

Here there and everywhere goes the world in summer as it graduates into Autumn. Speedy Gonzales looks like a slow moving turtle these days. And the worst of it is, it's hard to relax when I see others moving at the speed of light. I like to stay busy, but not FAST PACED can't catch a breath, busy.

So last night I snuggled on my couch, pretended there was a blizzard outside, and buried myself in a book. I read and ate homemade applesauce and read some more. The world may have been rushing, but I didn't see it.

Do you need to slow down today?

______________________________________


Jaime Wright - 

Writer of Historical Romance stained with suspense. Youth leader. Professional Coffee Drinker. Works in HR and specializes in sarcasm :)

Find me on Twitter
Find me on Facebook

Find me on Pinterest


14 comments:

  1. Yes, Anne, I need to slow down today! Our Walmart has insane drivers too. I actually avoid the place due to the traffic! I'm not excited for winter, but there is something about warm sweaters, the quiet of a winter's walk, and Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Sweaters -- big bulky cable knit sweaters!

      Delete
    3. ...and blankets, and flannel...and tea....

      Delete
  2. I LOVE winter! I get the "you are crazy" comments here, too, when I say that. I adore blankets and a warm cuppa in my hand while listening to the snow storm howling outside. :) I love winter. Did I mention I love winter?
    The relaxed atmosphere that goes with it is devine. Side note: what is with people in stores these days?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know what's with people in stores. I got the bumper butt the other day. Apparently it was in the way of their cart while we were standing in line to check out and I was ahead of them :P

      Delete
    2. Ugh, how rude!! It's hard to have patience these days with those people. (and yes, I realized I spelled divine wrong. lol Probably b/c I was saying it deee vine in my head)

      Delete
    3. Ted braved Walmart to get me stuff for my cold this weekend. He came home with his eyes half bugged out, "geesh people are crazy" he said!

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that last line. "The world may be rushing, but I didn't see it." Change of subject. What kind of books are you and Jaime writing? I like to get a feel of what to expect from authors. Is it contemporary, historical, women's fiction, mystery, etc.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'll do a blog post on our books and how we write soon, Sylvia! For now, a quick answer is Anne writes Historical Romance and I write Historic Romantic Suspense. :)

      Delete
  5. I'm fortunate that I get to take it easy most of the time - no money to enjoy the free time (because I am retired, it's a catch-22), but - thankful, none the less! And - I love seeing the snow, etc. of winter - now that I don't have to get out in it, to drive to work. Been there, done that - for 46 years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've earned your fireplace, book,and coffee! :)

      Delete
    2. Amen!!! Put those feet up lady!!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)