Monday, October 14, 2013

I Lay Me Down and Rest

The alarm rings at 5:30 a.m.
It's another Monday morning.
Another start to a too-busy week.
Last week I pulled 48 hrs of work.
Ten hours of edits.
Had dinner with the hubs.
Took my son's senior pics.
Then took him shopping.
Did eight loads of laundry.
Fought a fever, fed a cold.

When the alarm rings this morning, and my feet hit the floor,
I pray it will be the same, yet different.

I thank Him for a great job.
A fun story to write.
An amazing family.
A family I'm blessed to
  ...cook for
   ...do laundry for
    ...clean up after....

Yet, deep in my soul,
I need it to be different.
Even my flagging immune system knows
My throat scratches
My bronchus screams
It knows....I need rest

Rest for my soul
my spirit.

There is a spirit hunger we all thirst to quench....to be known
To rest in being known.

Psalms 139

1You have searched me, Lord,
    and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
    you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
    you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue
    you, Lord, know it completely.
5 You hem me in behind and before,
    and you lay your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.


That the Lord knows me that intimately, and still loves me....
Means I can get up and face another day
Another week
Even more laundry!

He knows where I've been, where I'm going...

by permission: www.freedigitalphotos.net

And tonight, I will both lay me down and rest
in peace.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this wonderful post, Anne. As a mother of three, I delight in the blessings God has given, but often need rest for my mind and body. It is wonderful to know that we can face each day knowing God holds our hand!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Knowing Christ definitely makes our days easier, & our burdens lighter - can't imagine how those people who don't know Him, make it through their days!

    Thanks for the reminder, Anne!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)