Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thursday's Coffee on a Budget

My son and daughter spent the summer as staff at our church camp. It's a great spiritual growth time where they work very hard and mature away from home, making it fun to hear about it when they arrive home. This was the third summer for them, and it didn't disappoint. The work is low in monetary pay, and high in personal yields.

by permission: www.freedigitalphotos.net

The problem is that personal yields don't pay for college. Well, not directly anyway. I took the kids to the bank to deposit their paychecks and talk about their personal budgets. Ahem.

After that I got food to fill the fridge, and sighed when I decided to forego Starbucks Breakfast Blend, instead reaching for the $3 off coupon, Green Mountain Breakfast Blend, and Half-Caff. I popped it into the Kuerig this morning.....and....yeah, it's not the same. Sigh. But, we all must make sacrifices for the good of the family right?

Cheap coffee. It's my attempt at contributing this week. Next week--I'll look for something else!

What have you sacrificed for the good of the family unit?


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter


2 comments:

  1. You are a good Momma :) I did three summers of camp! Not much money, but wouldn't trade it for the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right. Money can't purchase the priceless experiences the kids have had, or the amount of growth I've seen in them since. :) Money isn't everything!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)