Monday, July 8, 2013

The Love of God


  1. This last week I was absent from the blog and the internet. I had the privilege of spending the week on a cruise in the Western Caribbean to celebrate our 25th anniversary. During that week, my son and was in Phoenix, AZ with our church youth group, and my daughter stayed home to work. Yesterday are family of four all converged once again for a worship service where the youth shared what God had done in their lives at youth convention. 

The events of the week were fresh in my heart during worship.


On the second day of our trip, I realized as my son flew, and my husband was scuba diving, and my daughter was working with children all week as staff at church camp--that I had one in the sky, one on land, one on the sea, and one under the sea. Yet, God was with each of us--IN each of us. The same moon and sun He created shone upon all of us.

I was struck by our amazing God, who goes wherever we go--not just "with us" but IN US. There is no where we can go, that He is not there. Not to the heights of the skies, nor the depths of the seas. 

The enormity of His love for us culminated when the youth sang this beloved hymn this morning. Let it sing to you, and seep into your spirit as you read.


  1. The Love of God by Frederick M. Lehman in 1917
  2. (vs. 3 by Rabbi Mayer in 1096)

  3. The love of God is greater far
    Than tongue or pen can ever tell;
    It goes beyond the highest star,
    And reaches to the lowest hell;
    The guilty pair, bowed down with care,
    God gave His Son to win;
    His erring child He reconciled,
    And pardoned from his sin.
    • Refrain:
      Oh, love of God, how rich and pure!
      How measureless and strong!
      It shall forevermore endure—
      The saints’ and angels’ song.
  4. When hoary time shall pass away,
    And earthly thrones and kingdoms fall,
    When men who here refuse to pray,
    On rocks and hills and mountains call,
    God’s love so sure, shall still endure,
    All measureless and strong;
    Redeeming grace to Adam’s race—
    The saints’ and angels’ song.
  5. Could we with ink the ocean fill,
    And were the skies of parchment made,
    Were every stalk on earth a quill,
    And every man a scribe by trade;
    To write the love of God above
    Would drain the ocean dry;
    Nor could the scroll contain the whole,
    Though stretched from sky to sky.


Tears and emotion clogged my throat when we got to the third verse, "could we with ink the ocean fill...."  After spending a week on the ocean, in the ocean, and beneath its surface--witness to its massiveness, its vastness, and how much life teams beneath its surface--though it was amazing, God's love is even more so.

I pray you can find a few moments this week, to look at God's vast creation, and know deep in your spirit--that His love is far greater than His creation. 

His love is boundless.

And if you want to know the history of verse 3, check out this link: Nickel Notes

Winner of choice of Lena Dooley's book: Paula O.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I've never read that before. So glad you got to experience such a great week and beautiful moment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved this post, Anne...such a good reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song!! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect message for me as I spend the week in the city, the husband in the country, and my babies at grandparents. God IN us!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)