Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Vacation Dilema

What does a writer take on vacation? 
Books or Manuscripts to edit?

I think I'm having a bibliophile-breakdown. Is that a real term? Is there a diagnosis for that?

All I know is that I can't decide what books to take. There's only so much you can fit into your carry-on bag. I'm seriously considering another checked bag, just to ensure I can add a few extra books. I even got a new battery for my laptop in case I want to sit by the pool and edit.

But how many books can one read in a week? Seriously. By the pool. On the plane. In the airport. To the hotel.

And I'm on vacation, so should I really feel the pull to edit? or should I just consider that I have all that free time--how great that I could edit unfettered? Or is free time, even on vacation, just a figment of my dreams?

So far my book list includes:

1. Love at any Cost by Julie Lessman
2. Be Still My Soul by Joanne Bischof
3. One Thousand Gifts by AnnVoskamp
4. When Love Calls by Lorna Seilstad
5. A Midwife's Tale by Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
6. Veil of Pearls by MaryLu Tyndall

What would you take on vacation?
Is a Kindle worth it?
If you have a Kindle do you love it, and why?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter




3 comments:

  1. Great list. I hope you have a great vacation. I am always conflicted too! Sometimes a mental break is just perfect :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exactly why a Kindle is worth it...you can take hundreds of books with you in one little package and then decide what sounds good as you go!! Because I'd have a hard time deciding as well! Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindle is worth it for space saving, but unsatisfying for that "bury your nose in a book" feeling. Take the week off of edits. Come back refreshed and rejuvenated and then go for it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)