Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What's on Your Coffee Table?

The birds are finally singing, and this Lenten Rose bloomed in time for Easter. 

I got to enjoy some sunshine this weekend too. It made me feel I'd come out of hibernation.

Gone are to long winter nights with a cup of tea in front of the fire.

Jaime and I have completed each of our manuscripts and have been working on preparing our revisions. Once the bulk of the work is completed, often it's time to put in on the shelf for a season.

Sometimes my fiction reading needs a similar break. I happen to believe it's healthy to read an assortment of book genres including fiction and nonfiction.

So what's on your coffee table?


My nonfiction reads on the coffee table include: 
--One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp, and
--Captivating by John & Stasi Eldredge

What draws you out of hibernation?
What's your latest nonfiction read?
What signs of spring are in your neck of the woods?

13 comments:

  1. I love non-fiction! Have you read Seven by Jen Hatmaker, it is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Seven but I'll check it out now that it's been referred! :)

      Delete
    2. I haven't read it either. Will have to google it.

      Delete
  2. I'm still in the middle of my latest nonfiction read: Between the Lines by Bob Sorge...Rachel Hauck recommended it and oh, I'm glad I listened to her. It's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Captivating! :)

    Right now...I'm in the middle of books. I have a bunch of fiction on my nightstand to review, so I'm not sure which I'll start next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post, Anne! I'll have to add these to my TBR Non-Fiction pile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking that I should throw in an occasional classic (and always looking through the shelves at Good Will)I am reading John Bunyan's "Pilgrim's Progress"!

    And I thoroughly enjoyed both of Rachel Naomi Remem's books, "Kitchen Table Wisdom" and "My Grandfather's Blessing".

    I am looking for Frank Slaughter's "Road to Bithynia" which Remen says propelled her into Medical School. I read it about 30 years age, a story about the Gospel writer, Luke, a physician. Interesting in that Remen is a Jewish woman about my age.

    And...I was looking up some historical stuff, specifically, an article in The Weekly Valley Herald of Chaska, Minnesota, 1891, which proves that some of my Gregory families ARE related.

    Yup, I am one of the Mom's! (to my next door neighbor)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Waving mom!! This is great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My partner in research, sleuthing, and so much more!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)