Monday, April 15, 2013

Sometimes It Just Ain't Pretty...

Daughters of today are told they can be anything. Do anything. Go anywhere. 

They are told to dream and dream big-- you can do it all.

But the truth is, we can't do it all.

I'm not a super woman, (no secret to many I'll admit). I cannot work 45 hours a week, do all the dusting, vacuuming, laundry, shopping, bill paying, kid toting, church meetings, exercise, proper diet, good sleep, gardening, canning, freezing, daily devotions, and of course--still be "the good wife"--the one who doesn't need too much, whine too much, spend too much, or say too much. And my kids didn't even participate in sports! <inhale sharply>

Something's got to give! There just aren't enough hours in the day.
Face it, there just isn't enough coffee for all that.

Stop the madness. I'm here to say: it's okay. Let go. Get off the merry-go-round before you throw up!

Don't forget: You are enough.

Believe it: You are beautiful, even when you pulled on sweats and your unwashed hair into a pony-tail to run to the store to get milk and pop tarts on Saturday morning--and saw three perfectly beautiful people you know well despite ducking beneath the cover of your hoodie!

And: even though you've just prayed to become invisible--you aren't invisible. You are quite necessary. You are the only one who can be the heroine in your story. You are irreplaceable.

And: if your prince charming fell off his steed just before he reached you <ahem,cough>--take heart. Brush him off, and wait for him to get back up there and come for you <oh, and he probably needs more prayer>

So, when you've overbooked, overcommitted, overstretched your brain, your spirit, soul, and aging body---and it just ain't feelin' so pretty......

Don't forget, somethings got to give.

Kneel at His cross. Lay your heart wide. 
And Let Him breath on you while you wait for Him.....


Isaiah 30:41: "Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary." NAS

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. Nurse Practitioner by day. Wife, mother, writer by night. Coffee drinker--any time.

Find me on:Facebook






9 comments:

  1. Wow! Just what I needed to be reminded of this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Just what I needed to be reminded of this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it, get off the merry go round before you throw up! I'm there :) Jump ship.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Kneel at His cross. Lay your heart wide.
    And Let Him breath on you while you wait for Him....."

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just kneeled ... I can't get up. I'm okay with that.

      Delete
  5. Hi ladies. I'm stopping here before I finish up my charting for the night. I'm so glad you found a blessing here today. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)