Monday, March 18, 2013

Password: inChrist--Access Accepted


Earlier in the week, I snapped this picture that represented a snippet of peace--quiet, afternoon sunshine, a waft of steam coming off the pot on the warm stove. All was well...

But the truth is....all of us, at any given moment...can have our peace shattered. All it takes is a phone call, a slip, a diagnosis, a thinking error, the wrong words. We live in an imperfect world.

But we have a password from the Almighty. A way. Access--accepted.  In Christ.....

Today we helped serve at a funeral dinner for the nephew of one of our Sunday School class brothers. Benji was 15 and had Cystic Fibrosis.

So, after my Sunday afternoon nap, cup of decaf, and a little March Madness, Ted went to the basement to look for Larry Bird cards to show our son Ben---and that's when we found the basement under 3 inches of water! Snap. There it was--in an instant the peace was shattered.

A small disaster. But really nothing by comparison to what Benji and his family suffered. But then I remembered, Benji's password to his computer--"inChrist"---I know, in Christ I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.

It puts things into perspective in a hurry. 

So, here I am with Ted's knee boots on, behind me the carpet ripped up in the basement. Wet towels strewn all over. Bags of wet trash. Fans blowing. Dehumidifier running. I built a fire to help dry things up. And as I tended it, the frustration drained out of me as I thought of Benji--and his password.

So, here's a link to a great blogpost by a dear friend of mine about Benji and his password: Rhonda Schrock's blog: The Password That Never Fails

“For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, and you have been given fullness in Christ, you are complete in Him, who is the head over every power and authority.” Colossians 2:9.

So when you find your basement flooded
--when you have to put on knee-highs to wade through the stuff in your life...
--when your peace feels shattered....
----remember your password.  

And have some heavenly perspective.

6 comments:

  1. In Christ. Perfect for me today, thank you for sharing his story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just what I needed today. Since last Friday I learned my grandfather is in the hospital, we're having unexpected company (which is good news, but adds to the to-list), and that I have an extra work obligation to take on this week. This gives me some great perspective to get me through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Thanks for sharing. In Christ.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless each of you this week as you practice being "inChrist"....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the fact you wear Ted's knee boots 'cause I wear Nate's and they're the SAME KIND! :) LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)