Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Goosebump Days

It was a goosebump kinda weekend ... not the goosebumps you get from a creepy movie but the kind you get from epiphanies, sentimental moments, great memories, gut-splitting laughter, and thoughts of deep meaning.

The weekend for Anne and I was spiritually refreshing with much fellowship and discussion about what is the spiritual vision of a writer. (more on that in future blog posts) I loved some of Anne's thoughts and connected with her on more than one level. The biggest takeaway was knowing our writing, though not yet published, as a purpose NOW. We shared stories of readers who've we've dared to let read our work and the things the Lord has taught them or blessed them with. If one person can be drawn closer to Jesus through our piddly attempt at writing, then we know, it is not time wasted.

Our time at our favorite hideaway over biscotti and coffee was delightful. Anne planned her Acknowledgments page for her yet unpublished, unagented, unedited book (LOL) and I'm afraid we almost got kicked out at the expense of our raucous laughter. "I'd like to thank my Kindergarten teacher for teaching A, B, C, & D ..." and so on. Guess you had to be there ;)

I think most of all, aside from planning our futures as best selling authors *wink, wink*, I benefited from refreshment. Peace. Tranquility. My kiddos were hidden away at their favorite place (Nanny and Poppy's) and my husband was content doing his thing...so for a rare moment, no one was crying out: "mommy", "jaime", "hr director" ... It was an odd feeling and even awkward feeling to just ... relax.

So what about you? When was your latest retreat? How do you refresh in a world of go-go-go?

12 comments:

  1. I felt the same way when Melissa came out to visit. There's just something about the way writer friends "get" you and how much creativity can flow when you're actually in person together. Love it! Glad you guys had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! The 'getting' you part is the best!!!

      Delete
    2. I though the exact same thing as Lindsay as I read your post. It made me miss Linz tons. It was just so refreshing and relaxing and fun...I'm so glad you had such a fun time together!

      Delete
  2. Oh I envy you, Anne and Jamie,and you too, Lindsay and Melissa!!
    My peeps and I are on the edge , waiting to meet in real life.
    But I have to say, meeting a tall blond in Feenix last summer made the whole "writer world" seem so real and oh so special.
    It was BAM, and we'd known each other for years!!
    I sure hope her therapy is going okay. You know, "Post Jennifer Stress Recovery".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your day will come... one day you'll meet your "peeps" and become forever changed.

      Delete
  3. I haven't been away writerly-like since ACFW, but I've got a couple of weekends in the future in the works. I'm thinking...uh hello, how fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope ACFW in Sep is one of those wkends ;) ;) (no pressure at all!) ;)

      Delete
  4. It sounds like a blast! I'm so happy for you guys that you had a chance to get together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! Now I hope we get to see YOU at ACFW!!

      Delete
  5. I love hearing about it! Sounds like a really great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blessing of a weekend to be sure. :)

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful time! There's something so refreshing and just 'right' about hanging out with a soul mate author.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)