Monday, February 25, 2013

Casting Cares in Leather Sofas


Last night was my night to finish my manuscript so Anne could read it before she comes to VISIT ME ON FRIDAY!!!! (yes. that's me screaming the last part due to insatiable excitement). However, my kiddos had other thoughts. Dear Daughter, becuase she was so darn cute and motherly, and Dear Son because he screamed in terror the minute he lost physical contact with another human being. Enter DD, and her innate, inherited-from-Gramma, nurtering heart. (she didn't get it from me, because for all my gushing about my kids, nurturing doesn't come easy for me). She leveled a blue eyed, exasperated look as I jostled my boy and urged him to stop crying.

"Mommy. Give him to me. He needs some Sissy time."
And sure enough, cuddled next to big sister with his blanket and Bubbleguppies on TV, they munched on cinnamon crunchies and he was content. Nurtured. Loved. Soothed by the calming effect of big sister. (yes, that's the actual picture of mini-mommy and her brother).
Watching them, I remembered the nurturing received from our Father--our heavenly Father.
"Come to me, and I will give you rest."
"Be still and know that I am God."
"Be anxious for nothing."
"Cast your cares on Him."
Beautiful. Nurtured. Calming. Our pain, our fear, our anguish, held by one who knows.
So as your week begins, do what doesn't come natural on a hectic Monday morning. Snuggle into our Lord, chew on His promises, and rest knowing ... He's got this.

Has God "got this" for you lately? Bless us by sharing how He has recently blessed you!


Winner of the Dani Pettrey drawing is MRS. TINA!! CONGRATS!! And thanks everyone for the comments. Another opportunity to win an AWESOME prize package from Ann Shorey to celebrate her new book is coming this Thursday!! 

4 comments:

  1. Awww!! What a great sissy! Don't you just love how much our children teach us about our Heavenly Father! Almost like it was designed that way. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I loved, loved this. Especially this:

    "Come to me, and I will give you rest."
    "Be still and know that I am God."
    "Be anxious for nothing."
    "Cast your cares on Him."

    Exactly what I needed on a Monday that feels a little muddy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep. I wanted to cuddle on the cough and get a snuggle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice Post I like nice furniture
    Wide variety of furniture is also available

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)