Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Best Movie Kisses...


 Teen Choice Awards do it, so why can't CCC Blog? Here's to Valentines' Day and my Top 3 BEST MOVIE KISSES ever ... doesn't hurt to prepare for a little V-day romance, right? :) (in no particular order:


 
 
Aside from the fact the Gerard Butler could be the cast male lead for about every book hero that sits in my brain, P.S. I Love You has to be one of the best kisses I've ever seen. It's love, pure and simple, joyful love. So many kisses are passion filled, emotionally driven. P.S. I Love You's kiss was JOY. I love it when a movie infuses a new emotion.
 




Anne can attest I practically swooned and melted right off the couch when Richard Armitage moved in the for the kiss. I love period films so he had me at the get-go anyway, but his hard exterior was washed away in the tenderness of his eyes when he finally let her peel away the layers of his heart. Happy sigh.


 
I have to include my all-time kiss. I mean we waited 8 hours for it! "I don't need diamond sunsets or marble halls, I just. need. you."
Anne of Green Gables culminated all my childhood dreams of romance ... and Gilbert wasn't so bad looking either ;)
 
What's your favorite movie kisses?

27 comments:

  1. Last of the Mohicans. And yes, I can attest, she nearly fell off the couch! :)
    And Jaime can tell you, I cried like a baby during P.S. I love you....geesh, what a sap I am...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seriously need to You Tube that LOTM scene!

      Delete
  2. I'm still thinking what movie we should watch on our writer weekend.
    Any votes out there??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't forget I have movie theatre passes - what's playing the first weekend in March?

      Delete
  3. Another vote: Walk in the Clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Australia. Okay, I'm awake and my brain is going now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my WORD, As soon as I saw the title of this post on my blog roll I thought "Hawkeye and Cora in Last of the Mohicans".
    Yup. Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. You know, I never watched that movie! :-O

      Delete
  7. Pride and Prejudice {1995 of course with the swoon worthy Colin Firth} at the end when they finally kiss...sigh!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Sean, you are ABSOLUTELY right on that one!!!

      Delete
  8. *sigh* P.S. I love you <3!! Anne and Gil <3!! Now I'm smiling and will probably be smiling all morning. ;) Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All-time best in my book is the one you posted from North and South. Sometimes I just watch that last scene, 5 times in a row. Best ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *admission* I've been known to YouTube that scene at work over lunch break just for a warm happy moment.

      Delete
    2. Confession, I watch the P & P scene where he declares his love and there's a "almost but not quite kiss".

      You two crack me up!

      And Jaime, I just watched the trailer for Nicholas Sparks's Safe Haven. Oh my.

      Delete
  10. You had me at "kisses" ...

    Oh, I just LOVE kisses, and one of my faves is from The Notebook, but then I'm a wall-pusher from way back to GWTW days, so maybe it's generational!! ;) Oh, and the one from Breakfast at Tiffany's, in the rain, with a cat between them!! Sigh. And don't even get me started on Rhett carrying Scarlett up the steps ...

    Hugs,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Confession: first thing I typed in this morning was Notebook, then I deleted it to wait and see if anyone else would post it. Ding-ding-ding--you win!! :)

      How about Witness...

      Delete
    2. LOL - Anne, I did the same thing!! I actually had the Notebook's picture up and I removed it just to see if it was mentioned. :) So THANKS, Julie ;) And HOW did I forget Breakfast at Tiffany's!?!

      Delete
  11. I'm sorry - I can't agree with you on P.S. I Love You - Hillary Swank was just so wrong wrong wrong for that role, for all of Gerard Burtler's hotness, I couldn't get over how poorly cast Holly was.

    It's all about Titanic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're SO right! I - ME - MYSELF - was meant for that role but sheesh ... darn Hilary!

      Delete
  12. I totally agree with you Kara!! Hillary Swank? In a rom/com? Why not put Bea Arthur in too?
    I refused to watch that movie simply because she was WRONG.FOR.THE.PART.

    ReplyDelete
  13. As mentioned above, it was a part meant for me ... and Gerard. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)