Friday, August 4, 2017

Book Release #5!

Gabrielle Here:

August 2017 marks the release of my latest Love Inspired Historical, Inherited: Unexpected Family! This is my fifth release and I'm excited this story has finally found its way into the hands of readers. 


Here are some of the reviews for this story on Goodreads.

Wilani Wahl said: "Absolutely positively loved this book. It is well written and I fell in love with the characters, but the Inspirational aspect of this book is phenomenal. God is ready to forgive and we won't hold those confessed sins against us. We need to have the same forgiving spirit. God is a God of compassion and we need to show that compassion to others. I can't wait to read more books by this author. I love her writing style."

Melissa said: "Loved it! Bit by bit, the backstory of the main characters is revealed, and bit by bit you grow in your understanding of their reactions to the world around them. Unlike most romance, serious issues behind a light romance story are at play. Not being from the "right" background and creating a better life - touching on the darker side of developing the frontier and the lack of options for women to make their own way in the world. So far my favorite story by Gabrielle!"

Cathy Daniel said: "I enjoyed this book very much! Jude is one of the better heroes I've ever read in these books! A total dream!"

To celebrate this new release, I'd love to give a copy away to one winner! Just enter the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win.

Here's a little about the book:

An Unexpected Partnership

After arriving in Minnesota Territory with her sisters to claim their late father's hotel, Elizabeth Bell is shocked to learn her inheritance comes with a handsome co-owner. After too long working for a domineering boss, Elizabeth yearns to be in control—of the hotel and her life. But Jude Allen won't sell his share, and Elizabeth refuses to leave.

Rescuing soiled doves and giving them hotel jobs is Jude's way of redeeming his past. He's counting on rough frontier life driving his new business partner away before she learns the scandalous truth and demands he stop his mission. But he may have underestimated Elizabeth…and the power of love to turn a complication into a bright new beginning.

Your Turn: Have you read a Love Inspired Historical? What era do you enjoy reading about most? 

Gabrielle Meyer lives in central Minnesota on the banks of the Mississippi River with her husband and four children. As an employee of the Minnesota Historical Society, she fell in love with the rich history of her state and enjoys writing fictional stories inspired by real people and events. 

Find her on Facebook
Find her on Amazon
Find her on Goodreads
Find her on My Website
Sign up for Her Newsletter

26 comments:

  1. I enjoy reading the Love Inspired Historicals and I'm sad to hear they are ending. I learn a lot of real history from reading all time period historicals. I think my favorite though is the 1950s. I was born then, my parents were very young and shared lots of their history with me. I love the music from that time and the style of clothes....I Love Lucy, Grease, Etc I'd be honored if I won your book Gabrielle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! The 1950s were such an amazing era. I haven't read any books set then, but I've seen countless movies. Thanks for being such a faithful blog friend, Gail!

      Delete
  2. I love reading all your books! I would love to add this one to my collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for being so supportive, Tessa!!

      Delete
  3. I LOVE Love Inspired Historical and am excited for another one!! It will be a fun read I am sure!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have enjoyed Love Inspired! Any historical time period is wonderful but 1700s are my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 1700s was such a unique time period, especially in America. That century changed the world, for sure.

      Delete
  5. All eras are great to read and learn about. I was in a friend's house yesterday and it reminded me of your books! Large wooden banister and beautiful woodwork throughout that had been restored.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oohh!! I love homes with beautiful woodwork. Does sound like John Orton's house in A Mother in the Making (which was inspired by a real house in my hometown). Love it!

      Delete
  6. I love LIH books! I love any era, but one of my favorite time periods is the Civil War era- I'm a big Gone with the Wind fan! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So am I. The Civil War era has always intrigued me--and I'd love if we still wore gowns with big hoop skirts. 😉

      Delete
  7. Love Inspired Historicals are the best! Looking forward to reading another 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like this book might be set in your own backyard so to speak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost all my stories are set in my hometown. One of my greatest joys in writing!!

      Delete
  9. I really enjoy ALL the LIH books that I have read of any era! I love the covers, too! I'm looking forward to reading this. It's fun that it takes place in Minnesota where I have many relatives living.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the new release Gabrielle! Have read many in the LIH series. Of these stories my favorite era would be the late 1800's (1890's).Like the Victorian era. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the story line immensely; thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1880's to 1940's is what I enjoy reading but I also enjoy books written in modern day.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats, Gabe, love the story line!! I've read Love Inspired Historicals and enjoy all eras. Thanks for the giveaway opportunity!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, I have indeed read a Love Inspired historical and am so sad the line is being discontinued! My favorite era is the 1800's.Congratulations on the release of Inherited: Unexpected Family. Looking forward to reading it and what cover love :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really enjoy the LIH line. My favorite time period to read about is the mid- to late- 1800s.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoy LIH and LIS . The historical period for me would be the early 1800's. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read the LIH line. Would love to win one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've read quite a few of the LIH books. It seems I have only read western/frontier eras in the LIH. I don't think that era is necessarily my favorite, just circumstantial. One of my favorite eras in historical fiction is the early 20th century (1900-1940.)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)