Thursday, June 8, 2017

Updates, Changes, and Celebrations


Gabrielle Here:

This past month has been a whirlwind for many reasons. I've received a couple surprising announcements, signed a couple contracts, and received advanced reader copies of my book releasing in August. I thought I'd share some of the news here on the blog to keep you up to date.

1. Harlequin  announced they are closing their Love Inspired Historical (LIH) line, effective June 2018. Erica shared the news on a blog post two weeks ago. This closing affects both of us, because we've been writing for LIH for the past couple of years. While this news is sad and unexpected, I'm thankful I have four books with LIH. Writing the Little Falls Legacy series was a dream come true and I'm grateful I had the opportunity. Two of the four books have yet to be released (I don't even have a cover for the fourth!). One releases in August and the other in December.




2. I've signed two new contracts for Barbour novella collections. One will release in February 2018 and the other will release in May 2018. I'm excited to write these stories (one is already underway!) and share them with my readers next year. I'll share more information in the coming months.

3. My agent, Mary Keeley, announced today that she is leaving Books & Such Literary Agency to spend more time with her family. This was a big surprise to all of us and I will miss working with her. The good news is that Wendy Lawton of Books & Such has offered to represent my writing. Wendy and I had a wonderful phone conversation today and I'm thrilled to work with her.

4. I received copies of my next Love Inspired Historical in the mail this week!


Inherited: Unexpected Family is the second book in the Little Falls Legacy series. It's set in Little Falls, Minnesota in 1858 and centers around an event called the Little Falls War. Here's the backcover copy:

An Unexpected Partnership

After arriving in Minnesota Territory with her sisters to claim their late father's hotel, Elizabeth Bell is shocked to learn her inheritance comes with a handsome co-owner. After too long working for a domineering boss, Elizabeth yearns to be in control—of the hotel and her life. But Jude Allen won't sell his share, and Elizabeth refuses to leave.

Rescuing soiled doves and giving them hotel jobs is Jude's way of redeeming his past. He's counting on rough frontier life driving his new business partner away before she learns the scandalous truth and demands he stop his mission. But he may have underestimated Elizabeth…and the power of love to turn a complication into a bright new beginning.

To celebrate the arrival of the books, I'm giving away a copy of Inherited: Unexpected Family. Please fill in the Rafflecopter below for your chance to win. (US Residents only.)

Your Turn: What news do you have to share? What are your plans for summer?

a Rafflecopter giveaway

Gabrielle Meyer
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website
Sign up for My Newsletter

28 comments:

  1. Wow! You've had a lot going on. The new book sounds great and I look forward to reading it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been quite a month, that's for sure! But there's been so much good mingled in. Thank you for being here, Melissa.

      Delete
  2. I'm sad that the LIH line is closing! All of these books are on my TBR list. We are missing our grandchildren, who are spread out between LA, Denver, and Branson, so we are planning family visits this summer. One of the things I love about all of your books are the children who are in them. LOVE these covers!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sad, too. Although, they will be publishing books for another year, so there will be more to come for a while. I'm sure it's hard to have your children spread out across the country, but it sounds like a fun way to spend your summer, traveling from one to the other. Have fun!

      Delete
  3. No plans for the summer other than taking care of my mom. My grandson will start kindergarten in August so our weekday "babysitting" days are over. They live across the street so we see them everyday anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun that your grandson lives across the street! I'm sure you both love having each other close. I hope you have a good summer, Gail!

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you still have a publishing outlet. I will miss the LIH books though. Your new one sounds good. Seems like as the weather warms up here, so does my schedule. Making time to read though. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thankful for other publishers, as well. And that's a great analogy about the schedule warming up with the summer! There are so many great opportunities out there to keep busy. I'm happy you're making time to read!

      Delete
  5. Change is always a part of life, isn't it? We just always hope that it works out for the best and helps to bring about new opportunities. No plans for the summer, as we are retired and usually travel off-season. Always enjoy the blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cathy! Change can be a good thing. It's usually a little scary at first, but if we're willing to adjust, it almost always works out in the end.

      Delete
  6. We are moving this weekend, so the next couple of weeks we will be unpacking and putting things away. I'm looking forward to reading your new books! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moving! Fun. I hope all goes well and that you're able to settle quickly. Thank you for being here, Joy. :)

      Delete
  7. God has a plan for your writing! He is with you! Glad everything worked out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is with me, and He definitely has a plan. Sometimes it's hard when we don't know what that plan is, but He's promised to never leave us or forsake us, so we can lean and depend on Him through it all. Thanks for your reminder, Joyce.

      Delete
  8. I am so glad that everything is falling into place.God has all of this - bigger and better things are on the horizon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Connie. I appreciate your words more than you know.

      Delete
  9. I am so sad that LIH are ending also! At least we still have a few, including yours to look forward to. This is a summer of transition for us as a family: our oldest has graduated from college and will be moving from Minnesota to Maryland in August. We just celebrated our 25th anniversary by renewing our vows. We hope to make a lot of memories this summer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like a wonderful summer for you, Nicole. Congratulations on the vowel renewal and your 25th Anniversary. My husband and I just celebrated sixteen years yesterday. Praying for your son as he moves! Sounds like a great opportunity. Thank you for being here!

      Delete
  10. So glad Gabrielle that so many good things are happening for you! Don't have any definite summer plans,although hope to have at least one summer adventure with my family! :) Thanks for the giveaway!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer adventures are the best, Lynne! Thank you for being here and for your continued encouragement and support.

      Delete
  11. Looks like a good read,would love to win

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was sorry to hear about the closing of LIH but I have to believe that God will open other doors for all of you authors who are involved. I am thrilled that you have two new novellas in the works with Barbour. I have nothing exciting to report in the news department but I've always heard that no news is good news. We shall see :-)
    Thanks for a chance to win your book.
    Blessings!
    Connie
    cps1950(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  13. My plans for summer are reading books and going to #CFRR!
    Taking hubby to his doctor appointments in between, though I do read in the waiting rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for a chance to win one of your books. Sorry to hear about the closing of LIH maybe they will start something else which will be better.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)