Wednesday, June 7, 2017

It's time to Pack!

Erica Here:

A few weeks ago, I remarked to my husband about how much I missed my parents, about how sometimes, life seems like a lot, and a girl just needs to spend a little time with her mama.

That wonderful man said, "Let's get you a ticket to Florida then."

Isn't he amazing? Wonderful? Caring? All-the-best-words-in-the-world-aren't-enough-to-describe-him? Yep, he really is. :)

So this week, I'm heading to Florida to spend some time with my parents, Jim and Esther.



Aren't they the cutest? Here they are on the shores of Lake Superior last September. Married for more than fifty years now, still in love, still hilarious good friends.

One of the things I am looking forward to the most is spending time in my mom's knitting room just talking while we do handwork. She'll be knitting, I'll be cross-stitching, and we'll talk. About life, about kids/grandkids, and about Jesus.

My mama is a wise woman. Probably the wisest woman I have ever met. Spiritually discerning, so smart she's scary, and never afraid to tell me the truth.

I need some of that right now.

Another thing I'm looking forward to is hanging out with my dad in his home office. A self-taught computer genius, woodworker, gardener...he can do anything. And he always has fun things to show me when I visit. He takes me to all his favorite places, and we just spend time together doing things we like.

I'm blessed to have amazing parents, parents that are unfailing in their love for each other and for their children and grandchildren. Parents that are so easy to be with.

This will be a bit of a working holiday for me, as I have some writing things to tidy up, but for the most part, it will be rest and rejuvenation.

How about you? Are you planning a summer vacation? Will it involve visiting family?

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

9 comments:

  1. You are very blessed to have parents like that! How wonderful you can spend time with them. Sounds like it will be a fun and relaxing time. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Susan P, you are very blessed to have parents like that. I wish you nothing but good times and relaxation.
    Such a sweet husband too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea. My husband is the BEST!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your parents and gleem from their wisdom.
    My dad died when I was 28 and my mom is 82, disabled and living with us. Her personality has done a 180 after several mini strokes. Life is too short to not enjoy yours while you can. Your husband is wise! Envy you getting to spend time with your mom crafting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gleam, I misspelled it! 😉

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Gail. I'm so sorry to hear about your mother, and blessings to you for taking such good care of her.

      Delete
  4. Have a wonderful time! Your hubby is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks, Caryl! And, yup! He sure is!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)