Monday, June 12, 2017

Facing Fears & Nervous Jitters

Anne here.
Most of you know I'm debuting my first book release on July 1st. It's a bit surreal and odd to "go public" because the other public part of my professional life is working full-time as a Family Nurse Practitioner. In that role I have to work in terms of reality and concrete science, while in this new experience I'll be basically making public the stories grown entirely of my imagination--which is intimidating. While I admit it feels like I'll be putting my heart out there for public opinion, I completely believe that God intended for our nonfictional stories of life to be impacted by truths from all sorts of stories, including fictional ones. Still......it was a wee bit scary last week when hopped in my car to head to my hometown library and bookstore:

video

But alas, it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be:
video
So, from there I headed to the local bookstore and I'm so excited I was able to set up my first book signing. This should be fun!
#ConqueringFear

Readers:
What things have you done in your life that made you nervous?
When you've had to seriously buck up your courage and just do it?
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter
Find me on: Instagram

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Anne! I have a hard time entering a room when I'm not sure of what's on the other side. Meeting strangers. I try to think of the saying that "strangers are just friends you haven't met yet".

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)