Thursday, May 18, 2017

Tomato Florentine Soup with Tortellini

Last week, I shared one of my favorite summertime recipes, Chilled Strawberry Soup. This week, I thought I'd share one of my all-time favorite go-to recipes, and one that people request all the time. It's super-easy to keep the ingredients on hand and doesn't take long to make.

Enjoy!



Tomato Florentine Soup (with tortellini)
2 T. olive oil
1 small onion, diced
3 large garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp. oregano
2 tsp. thyme
8 c. chicken broth
2 (14.5 oz.) cans Italian style diced tomatoes
2 c. packed spinach
2 tsp. basil
2 (16 oz) bags frozen cheese filled tortellini
Grated Parmesan, to taste

Heat olive oil in large kettle. Add onion and garlic. Cook, stirring constantly until soft. Add oregano and thyme. Cook one minutes. Add chicken broth and diced tomatoes, bring to a boil. Add spinach, basil and frozen pasta. Boil 5-10 minutes. Serve with grated Parmesan.

Your Turn: What's one of your go-to recipes? Do you like to make soups? What's your specialty?

Gabrielle Meyer
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website
Sign up for My Newsletter

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)