Wednesday, May 31, 2017

The Betty Crocker Proving Grounds

Erica Here:

I'll be the first to admit it: I am not much of a cook. Cooking isn't something I enjoy, and for me, the quicker the meal prep, the better. My dad used to say, when I cooked at home, that the kitchen was my Betty Crocker Proving Ground. :)

And I'm a messy cook. I use every bowl, pan, plate, and spoon I own when I get into the kitchen.

Yesterday, I was prepping some food to take to a friend who had recently suffered a bereavement and had lots of family in town, so my kitchen looked like culinary Chernobyl.


I made a pasta bake, a dish so easy it barely needs a recipe...my favorite kind! So, here's my recipe for Easy Pasta Bake:

1 lb Italian Sausage
1 box Pasta Noodles (I use Rotini)
1 jar Pasta Sauce
1 pkg. Kraft Shredded Italian Blend Cheese
1 cup grated Parmesan and Romano Cheese

Brown and drain the sausage. Boil the noodles as per the box instructions for al dente pasta and drain. In a big bowl, mix the sausage, noodles, pasta sauce, half the shredded cheese, and half the grated cheese. Dump into a baking dish. Sprinkle the remaining cheeses over the top. Spray a piece of aluminum foil with non-stick spray and cover the dish. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, uncover and bake 10 additional minutes or until the cheese on top begins to brown slightly.

So, are you a messy cook or a neat cook? Do you like cooking?

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

14 comments:

  1. I am an extremely neat cook...because I HATE making a mess! But I don't really like to cook, so there's that! Lol. This recipe sounds delicious and I'm definitely going to have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could be a neat cook, but it just doesn't happen. :) My family doesn't care so much, as long as I'm cooking. They help clean things up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only wish I had inherited my mother's awesome kitchen cooking skillz. Not so! I try to cook, but I can burn anything. :) my poor family. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, my family jokes that I can burn water! LOL! I also have a creative, though not necessarily wise, way of substituting ingredients. :)

      Delete
  4. This recipe sounds great! Thanks for sharing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can cook, but am quite slow at it. Recipes are my friend and I follow them religiously. Cooking and baking are fun if I am not under pressure and if I feel like people enjoy the food. I hate it when people talk and shovel food in their mouth without even tasting and savoring the flavor. Food is to be enjoyed, not gulped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a slow cook, too, and I am not confident about cooking times or substitutions. Eek!!

      Delete
  6. I am not the neatest cook, but try to be. Cleaning as I go is the way for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I make a mess and then have a grand cleanup at the end. :)

      Delete
  7. A neat cook,always try to stay organized and clean as I go. Not a make it up as I go cook have to follow a recipe. Thanks for this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate to cook! But I tend to be neat when I have to though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I dislike cooking, with a passion. I do a few things fairly well, most of the time. I try not to be messy but it never works. There isn't much that I like so no experimenting for me.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)