Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Meet Toni Shiloh!

My friends are still helping me (Jaime) meet my deadline on my next book. My girl-pal, Toni is taking my writing blog spot today! You're gonna love her, like I do, AND she's giving away a copy of her new release (well, it's coming June 28th, so the winner will have to wait until release to get it).

Toni Shiloh is a wife, mom, and Christian fiction writer. Once she understood the powerful saving grace thanks to the love of Christ, she was moved to honor her Savior. She writes to bring Him glory and to learn more about His goodness.

She spends her days hanging out with her husband and their two boys. She is a member of the American Christian Fiction Writers (ACFW) and president of the Virginia Chapter.

You can find her on her website at http://tonishiloh.weebly.com

Thanks, Toni, for being on Coffee Cups & Camisoles today!
___________________________________

Hello, Reader Friends!! I’m so excited to be a guest on Coffee Cups & Camisoles. Jaime Jo kindly invited me to share about how my faith factors into my writing.

Grab some coffee (or tea) and let’s chat. J

I’ve been an avid reader since childhood when I discovered that opening a book was like stepping into another world. The words came to life, the characters became my friends, and my love of reading was born. Over the years, I dabbled with writing. A poem here or there. A short story here and there. Except, I never shared my writing. I was too terrified to let anyone into my thoughts and unsure if I had any talent. It wasn’t until I made the decision to go back to college to earn a degree in English, that I gained confidence to share my love of writing and branch out into writing full time.

My love for God and gratitude for Jesus’ gift of salvation spurred my decision to write in the Christian fiction genre. I couldn’t imagine not writing stories of faith. After all, everything we do is about our faith, whether we realize it or not. When we choose a book, watch a movie, interact with others. 

I want my books to show my love for God. I want my readers to see God in different ways.
Prayer is a very important part of my writing process. I pray before writing, asking for God to give me the words necessary so that I may glorify Him. After all, as a pantser – one who doesn’t plot – I have to depend solely on Him. If He doesn’t give me the words, then I’m a bit lost. ;) Of course, God’s blessed me with writer friends who will brainstorm with me. Reader friends who will tell me if I’m on the right track. 

The body of Christ is constantly with me as I write and my faith blooms with their friendship. Wherever you are, I pray that God blesses you with a community of friends to do life with you on your faith journey.


Blessings!

______________________________

Don't miss out on Toni's upcoming release (June 28th)!

Delaney Jones has finally started to pick up the pieces of her shattered life after the death of her husband, Parker. Just as life enters a new normal, in walks Army soldier, Luke Robinson. Just when she makes the decision to trust him, life deals her a heavy blow.

Sergeant First Class Luke Robinson can’t get over his part in the death of Delaney’s husband. In hopes to assuage his guilt, he offers to lend a hand. Only, he never counted on the feelings she evokes with just a smile. Will his secrets widen the gulf or will he finally find absolution?

Buy links – http://amzn.to/2r2NmFZ



ENTER TO WIN A COPY (Open to International Winners!)...
(Copy will be sent after June 28th)




11 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for having me, Jaime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've now read 2 of Toni's books and LOVED them! Finding Love sounds like it deals with a really tough situation to forgive, and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess I didn't answer how faith incorporates into my reader - I prefer to read books that agree with God's Word & principles. I can enjoy other books that are clean & have good morals but don't mention God or faith. However, they have to encourage and lift me up, and have an effect on me other than just use my time.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for stopping by, Becky and for blessing me with your readership.

      Delete
  3. I love Toni Shiloh stories. She has a way of making the reader feel as if they are friends with the characters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only books I read are Christian based fiction. I like to be encouraged with what I read. This book sounds like an interesting story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being encouraged is such a great benefit of Christian fiction!

      Delete
  5. I have read and loved two of Toni Shiloh's books so far, and I can't wait to read more! I read Christian fiction primarily because while I love a good romance and/or suspense, what I love most is when a book actually helps to draw me into a deeper relationship with Jesus! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy that aspect as well. I'm amazed at how often I'll learn something new about my relationship with Christ.

      Delete
  6. What excites me about this book? It's all Buying Love's fault! I'm always up for a sequel to a good story that makes you wonder about the supporting cast. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)