Wednesday, April 19, 2017

An update

Erica Here:

Back in February, I posted about a project I had undertaken. In short, the largest cross-stitch I have ever attempted. You can read about the post HERE.

Although I haven't been able to devote as much time to stitching as I would like, I have made some progress. A tight deadline, March Madness, and a speaking trip to Milwaukee kept me from my floss and needle.

However, the deadline has been met, the Jayhawks exited the tournament in the Elite Eight, and the Milwaukee trip was taken and thoroughly enjoyed, so now I can stitch more. :)

Here is the project I'm working on:




It's Aimee Stewart's Heroes and Heroines. The finished piece will measure about 40" x 29" and be comprised of 713,286 stitches in 240 different colors of floss. I'm using 25 ct. fabric, which means there are 25 stitches per lineal inch. There are 625 stitches per square inch.

In February,  I had completed 2 pages of 170. Yeah. This is going to take me FOREVER!

As of April 15th, I had completed 6 pages.


I'm exited because the page I'm working on now finally has some people in it! I get to stitch Romeo and Juliet's kiss.

Because I know myself, and that I am bound to get tired working on the same piece for y...e...a...r...s... I have another one kitted up to start when I need a break from Heroes and Heroines. I can rotate between the two pieces and keep things fresh.

Here's my second project:




:) Isn't this one fun? I can't wait to start on it.

Both designs come from the amazing people at Heaven and Earth Designs. You can find their website here: http://heavenandearthdesigns.com/

So, which of the two do you like better? Which one would you want to hang in your house?

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

8 comments:

  1. As a former stitcher (my eyes are old now) I truly admire your work. I never did any smaller than 14 count and always gave mine away as gifts. I have several in my house that my stepdaughter made me and are more precious now that she's in Heaven.
    I love the colors in your first one but since Jaime and I are close coffee sisters I would of course love the one with the man and the cup. I'm assuming it's coffee he's drinking....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, he's British, and he's drinking tea. The chart is called "Tea" by Anna Dittman. :D

      Delete
  2. WOW. Great job! I love both of them, but the colored one stands out a bit. I'd hang BOTH in my home, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The colors in the first one are even more vibrant in person. The picture doesn't do it justice.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. :) Go big or go home, that's my motto for projects!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)