Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Katie- Bar the Door

Erica here:

What a week.


  • I'm on a tight deadline, and I'm wrestling with my story. 



  • My beloved Jayhawks lost in the Elite Eight round of the NCAA Men's Tournament.





  • As a birthday gift, my daughter gave me Season 4 of Sherlock, and we watched it in the evenings.






  • My husband is a deacon at church, and this week has called upon him to do some serious deacon-ing. Which means shuffled dinner times, phone calls and emails in the evenings, and meetings.



  • My daughter got a new-to-her car after being in a hit and run accident that totaled her van. She's unhurt, but the van had to be junked, which caused some sadness, as it was her first car. But she's enjoying her new one, a little black Ford that she has named Toothless.



  • My son stopped by to hang out with us on Sunday afternoon. It had been awhile since we'd all been together as a family.



  • My sister-in-law came one afternoon and we sewed up five baby quilts for a charity. Sometimes it's good to get the focus off yourself and what you're facing and do something nice for someone else...and in this case do something nice WITH someone else. :)





  • I ran a TON of errands, including finishing up our income tax appointments with the accountant. We owe more taxes this year instead of getting a refund...boo hiss!


What were you up to this week?

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK


2 comments:

  1. Wow Erica, I'm tired just reading this! It's so nice that you make and donate baby quilts. Praying you have a more peaceful week coming up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully, your writing is going better. This week we had church group and I met my mom for coffee. Of course, each day I have home schooling to do. :) I was so happy to put some laundry on my clothesline yesterday. Swoon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)