I don't remember learning how to read, but I do know it was an epoch in my life. From the time I was little, I was never without a book.
I do remember being put in the remedial reading group in third grade, and my mother being stunned, since I read all the time.
That hasn't changed. I am all about books, reading, fiction, learning, research...books, books, books!!!
I am NEVER without at least one book going. Sometimes two or three. And I have a handful of other reading quirks, too:
|Currently reading this one|
1. I never peek at the end of the book.
2. I never write in a book.
3. I read fiction on my kindle, non-fiction in print.
4. I love mysteries, but I never try to figure out whodunnit. I just let the story unfold.
5. If there is a choice between a book or the movie made based on the book, I will always say the book is better.
6. I am not a bandwagon reader. If a book is super popular, I put off reading it. (I am just now reading the first Harry Potter book.)
7. If I find an author I like, I want to read everything they ever wrote.
8. I have some 'auto buys.' Lee Child, Craig Johnson, Michael Connelly, and for years, Dick Francis. I have pre-ordered more than six months in advance when my favorite authors have books coming out.
9. I tend to read more male authors than female authors. No clue why.
10. I have more than 1000 books in my house right now, and that's after culling through a TON of them.
|Currently reading this one, too|
Bonus quirk...I am a re-reader. I have many books that I have read more than a dozen times.
|Just finished this one for about the twentieth time...not my signed|
British first edition, but the one on my kindle.
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK