Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Release Day!

Erica Here:

Today marks the release of my second Love Inspired Historical, The Bounty Hunter's Baby.




Brought Together by a Baby

Bounty hunter Thomas Beaufort has no problem handling outlaws, but when he's left with a criminal's baby to care for, he's in over his head. And the only person he can think of to ask for help is Esther Jensen, the woman whose heart he broke when he left town. But can he convince her to put aside the past until he tracks down the baby's outlaw father?

Esther is ready to run Thomas off her Texas ranch—until she spies the abandoned newborn in his arms. Soon, working together to care for the precious babe stirs old hopes of a family. With trouble heading to their door, they could overcome it together—if she'll entrust her wary heart to this sweet, second-chance family…



One of my favorite characters in this story is a milking goat named Daisylu. Daisylu loves Esther, but she takes a dead set against Thomas. The battle between Daisylu and Thomas cracked me up. They each try to outfox the other at every turn.



Another fun character in this book is Rip, Thomas's dog. He's a mixed-breed mutt who is a great tracking dog, but also a devoted protector of baby Johnny. Rip hates to leave the baby's side, even to track bad guys!


I am finding a real love of writing dogs and other pets into my stories.  There's just something about the bond between a man and his dog...and a child and a dog...that melts my heart. 

To celebrate the release of The Bounty Hunter's Baby, I'm giving away a copy of the book to one person who comments below.

Tell me who your favorite fictional animal is. 


SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

16 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. :) It's been a busy three months of releases, to be sure!

      Delete
  2. Favorite fictional animal? I like the mythical beasts in Harry Potter & Buckbeak is at the top of list of favorites. I also love stories that include special pets or ornery farm animals. Glad you've included both in this story!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tammy, I have never read the Harry Potter books, but a friend is going to loan them to me soon! :)

      Delete
  3. I loved the animals in this book! I would love to have a dog like Rip. Congratulations on another great book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Andrea! I grew up with dogs, and I miss them!

      Delete
  4. A goat and a baby?! What more could you want!!! Can't wait to read this! Hmm, favorite animal? The cheshire cat in Alice. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo, that's an unusual choice. I've never been a big Alice fan...I guess you either love that story or...don't. :)

      Delete
  5. HAPPY RELEASE DAY ERICA!!!!! So fun seeing your book out in the world! I love seeing pictures of Daisylu and Rip, what a fun layer to your story :-)

    Yep, never understood why Daisylu never liked Thomas, but she began to warm up to him in the end ;-) I'm not entering obviously, but I will share this post on FB & Twitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Trixi! :) Daisylu is a contrary beast, to be sure!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on release day! Not necessarily fictional but I loved Lassie. Grew up with her and Timmy.
    Also Disney dogs, Old Yeller, and Big Red!
    I'm showing my age now!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, Gail, those are great choices, though I cried at the end of Old Yeller!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh,Erica I'm so excited about your new releases!! I've fallen in love with the stories already just from the brief descriptions I've read,can't wait to read them!As for my favorite fictional animal I would have to say Toto from Wizard of Oz,Lassie,and I'm very fond of Captain the Collie from His Prairie Sweetheart. (Hope you don't mind my mention him,too. :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind a mention of Captain! :) Toto is a great choice, and who doesn't love Lassie?

      Delete
  9. Without taking too much time to think about it, the first fictional animal that comes to mind is the Black Stallion in the books by Walter Farley. When my son was young, I read the whole series to him, so the stallion made an impression. I think what I especially liked is the bond between him and Alec. I'm looking forward to reading The Bounty Hunter's Baby; it sounds great. Thanks for the giveaway.
    pmkellogg56[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, you took me right back to my childhood. I have ALL the Black Stallion books, and I read and re-read them. So many favorites!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)