Wednesday, January 4, 2017

A Book Birthday



This past Sunday marked release day for the first book in a new series from Barbour Publishing: My Heart Belongs in Fort Bliss, Texas: Priscilla's Reveille

I'm thrilled that this book is getting nice reviews from both professional outlets as well as from early readers. Romantic Times Book Reviews gave it four stars, and Publisher's Weekly was most complimentary.

Christian Market Review has nice things to say as well.



This book...the writing of it at least...is a story of perseverance through a hard time. Several years ago I went through a publishing drought where I had no new contracts, nothing coming out, and little happening on my writing front. My agent, in addition to encouraging me, asked me what I needed from her, how she could help. I asked her for a deadline. I needed a goal to aim at, something to work towards. So she said, "Fine, get a manuscript on my desk by May 1st."

So I set to work, and the manuscript I completed was My Heart Belongs in Fort Bliss, TX. Of course it wasn't called that at the time...and it wasn't actually set in Texas. It was set at Fort Larned, KS on the Sante Fe Trail.

I was happy when Barbour picked up the story to launch their new line of historical romances. I reworked the setting to one they felt would be better for the line, and while there were some challenges, I think it rounded into form.

The lesson for me was that no writing is ever wasted, and if I hadn't had the writing drought, I wouldn't have written Priscilla's and Elliot's story and had it available when Barbour came calling.

To celebrate the launch of both this book and the new line, the My Heart Belongs In, the authors of the first books in the series are throwing a Facebook Launch Party. You can find the details by clicking on the link below.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1160977390623950/

Last Friday, I held a giveaway for My Heart Belongs in Fort Bliss, TX, and the winner (chosen through random.org) is Bonnie Roof! Congrats, Bonnie! I will get your book to you ASAP!

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

10 comments:

  1. THIS IS THE ONE YOU WERE WRITING!!!!!! AHHHHHH! Good to know. :) I'm halfway finished. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you like it! It's got a sassy little ending! :D

      Delete
  2. Finished and reviewed! 5 stars

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Erica! So happy to see your faithfulness and perseverance paid off. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations, Erica! I can't wait to visit Fort Bliss, TX!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caryl! I hope you enjoy Priscilla and Elliot's story!

      Delete
  5. I SO loved this book!!!!!!!!! I see the last line of my review up on the top in the graphic (humbling). It was pure enjoyment :-)

    Congrats Erica, I can see where this book will be very successful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trixi, I LOVED your review, as you can tell! Thank you so much!!!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)