Tis the season! Here in Minnesota we have enough snow to about guarantee a white Christmas. (I've lived here for 23 years and we've never NOT had a white Christmas!) Decorations are up, and everyone's shopping and planning and preparing.
Every year, there are some things that I know need to happen for Christmas to feel like Christmas at our house. There are things the kids are expecting, and things we look forward to doing together that only happen at Christmas. I thought I'd share a few of our Christmas Traditions, and I'd love to hear yours!
1. We decorate the day after Thanksgiving. This year my daughter did all the decorating because I was on a tight writing deadline. The house looks lovely due to all her hard work!
2. We watch Scrooge, starring Alastair Sim, sometime during the month of December. It isn't truly the Christmas season if we don't watch this as a family. (Sometimes we also watch It's A Wonderful Life, White Christmas, and/or The Three Godfathers, but Scrooge is a MUST.)
3. The Christmas Eve Service at church. My favorite service of the year, with soft lights, beautiful music, and an expectant hush.
4. On Christmas morning, we have waffles. Somehow this tradition got started when the kids were little, and we continue it to this day. This year will be tricky, since Christmas is on a Sunday, and we have a church service, but we'll work it out.
5. Stockings. We've always had Christmas stockings for the kids, but the last few years, they've stuffed stockings for us, too! So much fun!
6. We read the Christmas story before we open any gifts. We take turns, and I'm pretty sure this year it's my turn to get to read Luke 2.
7. We have my FIL over for Christmas dinner. My SIL has him to her place on Christmas Eve, and we get him on Christmas Day.
What are some of your Christmas Traditions? I'd love to hear!
SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK