Monday, December 12, 2016

Christmas Carol Favorites

One of the best joys of the Christmas season are the songs and carols that remind us of Christ's love for the world. I love to have Ted Yoder's dulcimer CD on, or Handel's Messiah. There is nothing like a choir singing O Come, O Come, Immanuel that moves the soul and focuses the season.
There are so many favorites it's hard to pick just one. But if I had to--it would be Joy to the World.

I love it because this world needs to make room for her King.
I love it because it gives hope for the nations.
I love it because it heralds hope for overcoming any darkness.
What greater joy than this in Christ?
I love it because joy makes me smile no matter what I'm feeling or thinking.
 I love it because it reminds me of the importance of believing.
 I love it because it reminds me of innocence.
What joy do you need this season?
What is your favorite Christmas hymn and why?
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me at: www.anneloveauthor.com
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter
Find me on: Instagram

4 comments:

  1. I've just got to vent a little bit. I was watching a sweet Christmas movie last night on Lifetime. When the lights on the Christmas tree wouldn't come on at their work place someone started humming Hark the Herald Angels Sing. Then everyone began joining in. I was sitting there singing the words in my mind. It just shows what this politically correct world has come to, sad. I'm sure many watching this movie didn't know the song or if they recognized the tune didn't know the words.
    That's why I love the Charlie Brown Christmas movie so much. Not only does Linus recite Luke 2 when asked what is the meaning of Christmas but they all SANG Hark the Herald Angels sing at the end. I'm holding my breath for when that's removed from TV from protests of its wonderful message.
    Our pastor said something yesterday that stuck with me, "Many babies have become kings but only one King became a baby".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take it you mean they hummed instead of singing the words that reflect the real reason for Christmas. Alas, Truth still stands...the Word became flesh... and I'm sooooo grateful!!

      Delete
  2. Joy to the World is one of my favorites, too! And I find it interesting that it wasn't originally written to be a Christmas song! I wish we would sing it more often during the year. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I didn't realize that. I'd love to sing it all year round!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)