Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Hostessing

Erica here:

This week while working on my current story, I researched Victorian dinner menus and fancy dinner place settings and Victorian dinner etiquette.

My conclusion...I would have needed an army of servants and helpers to put on those dinners, too!

Thankfully, tomorrow when I have 15 people gathered around my dining room table, we won't each have 13 pieces of cutlery and five crystal glasses. We won't have cups for coffee and a demitasse, we won't have finger bowls, salad plates, bread plates, and fish forks.

But tomorrow, we will have fellowship, food, and fun. We'll make memories, share our lives, and help with the cooking, cleaning up, and eating of the feast.

This year I have much for which to be thankful, not the least of which is that my husband continues to be cancer-free.

I hope as you gather with friends and family tomorrow, you are able to express your gratitude for them to our Heavenly Father. He does give us good gifts.

Happy Thanksgiving, from me and all the girls here at CC&C!

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

2 comments:

  1. Imagine all the dishes to wash! But I guess they had servants for that too.
    Happy Thanksgiving to you four ladies and your families! I enjoy your blog everyday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Gail! You are such a blessing to us!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)