Wednesday, September 28, 2016

We had a blast, but the routine is calling...

Erica here:

The past two months have been crazy. It started with an ER visit that sent our world reeling when my husband was diagnosed with a cancerous tumor. Many doctor visits, surgery, insurance, paperwork, more doctor's visits. Then a trip to Nashville, a trip to Galena, IL, a trip along the North Shore of Lake Superior. Then home, planning the funeral dinner for a dear saint from our church, laundry, Vetsch Hardwoods bookkeeping and quarterly reports...

And through it all, the increasingly uneasy feeling that it had been a long time since I had written any fiction. It had been a long time since I had spent time in my own head, dreaming, imagining, creating.

So now, after two months of upheaval, it's time to get back to my routine. Today, I will head to the coffee shop and begin writing a novella that is due in eight weeks. 

While I'm writing today, I thought I'd give you a quick look at some of the photos from our recent trip.


National Eagle Center, Wabasha, MN. This is Angel, a female bald eagle.

Sunrise over Lake Superior at Duluth Harbor.

A view of the Duluth lift bridge from Enger Park. (I used Enger Park in
my novel The Engineered Engagement.

Glensheen Mansion in Duluth, MN. (I will be using Glensheen as
the manor house in a new project that I will be writing soon! More details to follow!

One of the roses in the Lief Erickson Park rose garden, Duluth, MN

Two Harbors MN lighthouse.

Betty's Pies. Best pies on the North Shore!

Gooseberry Falls, Gooseberry State Park, MN

Beautiful Lake Superior...and wicked COLD! I stuck my bare toes in! BRRR!

The lighthouse at Grand Marais.

Me, entering historic Fort William, Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada.
(More on this later, too!)

The Hull-Rust-Mahoning Mine in Hibbing, MN.
"The Grand Canyon of the North" (Those dump trucks are three
stories tall!)

One scene from the Four Seasons Room at the
Mill Lacs Indian Museum and Trading Post.
Visiting this Minnesota Historical Society Site means
I've visited 20 of the 26 sites run by the MNHS.
Do you have a comfortable routine? Do you miss it if things get disrupted?

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

4 comments:

  1. At my age change is inevitable. Variety is the spice of life. Expect the unexpected. And all those other cliches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be praying for you and your husband. I too LOVE the shores of Superior. To sit along it's shores is a slice of Heaven, right here on Earth. Hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's something so soothing about Lake Superior, isn't there? Thank you for the prayers!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)