Monday, September 19, 2016

#PerfectContentmentInTheMessOfLife #RealStruggles

Everyone knows one of the golden rules of social media is to be positive.
But sometimes that translates into looking perfect, and hiding the mess of our real struggles.

And everyone knows that Mondays, starting your work week can be tough.
We laugh when we see funny cat videos on Facebook like this one, captioned "me getting out of bed on a Monday before work" (#MeWithoutCoffee):


So a few Monday's ago while having a great morning commute, complete with my favorite worship songs to build me up for the week, I made a short video to spread the cheer. I was going to post it on the next Monday morning. But the thing is every Monday after was just nuts, and I wasn't feeling it.

Then the full moon rose this week. (things went South) Anyone in healthcare will tell you it's a thing that means everything just goes nuts. I'm not superstitious, but I was feeling the full moon affect all week, starting with the fact that the air conditioner in the office died the day my partner left town for a week--it worked for the entire office, but not my wing. (wa-wa-wahhhhh!)

Then some serious illness circumstances arose to create some major staffing issues  (involved parties are improving!). (#MakingMyIssuesVerySmallByComparison)

The internet at home went into snails pace--0.04Mb.....crawling! So I couldn't finish work at home.

Not to mention there was some horrible monthly pain that makes you want to cut something out.

By the time Saturday morning rolled around this weekend a staffer sent me this apt picture on Facebook that summed up the week accurately for most of us:



You get it...
Everyone has a list of junk we don't share.
Crud that we keep track of.
Things that make us compare our list to someone else's and wish our grass was greener.
Welcome to the age old struggle for contentment that started with Adam & Eve.

#WeAreNotImmune
Shucks.
At some point, 
we all look like crazy half-plucked battle-worn chickens! 

But resist the urge to compare your imperfect life to the social media posts of everyone's "pretty lives". Admit the truth, that everyone has real struggles, annoyances, pain, pressures, and serious crisis.

The only greener grass--is Jesus.

So, this Monday morning, know this:
2 Corinthians 4:8-12Living Bible (TLB)

8 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but not crushed and broken. We are perplexed because we don’t know why things happen as they do, but we don’t give up and quit. 9 We are hunted down, but God never abandons us. We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going. 10 These bodies of ours are constantly facing death just as Jesus did; so it is clear to all that it is only the living Christ within who keeps us safe.


#HappyMonday
#struggles  
#JesusNumberOne
#RecoveringContentment
#SelfieCenteredWorld
#JesusIsTheOnlyGreenerGrass
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me at: www.anneloveauthor.com
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
Find me on: Twitter
Find me on: Instagram




10 comments:

  1. I think about how no ones life is ever perfect, especially when I'm checking out at a store and the cashier is rude or unfriendly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's always a bigger story to the picture you see. I've tried to teach my children to look for it, because usually the reasons for rudeness or unfriendliness is some secret pain that happened long before we crossed paths.

      Delete
  2. One word: amen!! Thanks, Anne, for the reminder!! And it's Monday again - hope this one proves to be one of your better ones!! Blessings, prayers, and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. The cat video gave me a chuckle, so it definitely brightened my day. Although I must admit it looks like me pretty much 24/7 now, LOL!! I keep worship music playing during all the time I spend online and in my car, as well. A true mood elevator!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very true. Worship and prayer on my commute is the best part of my week on many occasions.

      Delete
  4. Ahh, yes. Describes a week of mine perfectly. Isn't that just crazy? I agree - full moon weeks do end up being really weird and crazy. My kids always seem to be super nuts during those weeks. The reminder is fabulous - Jesus IS the only greener grass!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And isn't great to know we aren't alone in this life?!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)