Thursday, September 22, 2016

Book Dedication

I've been working hard lately, putting in some serious word count to meet a deadline, so it was fun to get a surprise in the mail this week.

My next novel, A Family Arrangement, arrived on my doorstep much sooner than I expected. This is the first book in the Little Falls Legacy Series, a series I've wanted to write since I was a college intern working at our local historical society sixteen years ago.


One of the best things about publishing a story is writing the dedication. It's been my tradition to give the first copy to the person I dedicated the story to. It's fun, because they don't know who they are until I hand them the book. I have another story releasing in December in the Seven Brides for Seven Texans novella collection and the people I dedicated it to have no idea!! I can't wait to share it with them. :)

My first story was dedicated to my parents, the second to my husband, the third to my children, and the fourth to my sister, Andrea. Out of all the people in the world, she probably understands me the best. She is two years (and one day) younger than me, so we grew up very close. We spent hours, and hours, and HOURS playing make-believe when we were little girls, and a lot of that make-believe translates into my writing. Andrea was always a good sport and went along with pretty much any escapade I had in mind.


She is an interior designer and she owns a business with our sister-in-law Sarah. They repurpose furniture and make interior d├ęcor. This past weekend they had a huge show and they asked my other sister-in-law, Angie, and me to come to the show to hand out coupons to get people to visit their booth. We were called junk fairies. :) It was a lot of fun, and the perfect opportunity for me to surprise my sister with the book dedication.


I thought it was fitting that this picture represents both of us doing what we love.

So that's a little peek into my world this week! I'd love to know what you've been doing. Any surprises?

Gabrielle Meyer
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website
Sign up for My Newsletter
 
 

3 comments:

  1. Sisters are certainly special. Mine is 4 years older than me and we shared many hopes and dreams interlaced with laughter and tears. I have been busy reading this week and trying to remember where my fall decorations went. :) I will more than likely start decorating as soon as they show up. Thank you for sharing. Hope you have a wonderful week.
    Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have a sister but I'm looking forward to your newest book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun, Gabe! I did the same thing in August with my niece for her 14th birthday!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)