Monday, August 1, 2016

Bucket List: Ireland--Check!!!

Anne here again, back on terra firma America.

I've just had the privilege of adding Ireland to my bucket list!
My husband and I spent two weeks there visiting our daughter.

There are many many favorite places and amazing people we met, I wish I could have packed everyone in my suitcase!!

Here are some favorite pics:

Thistles and other wild flowers were in full color.

We spent several mornings at the bayside cafe in Greystones, drinking strong black Irish coffee! Mmmm!

The Bray walk north of Greystones along the Irish Sea on the hottest day in Ireland for the last three years.

Full Irish breakfast at The Waters Country House B&B

A dip in the ice cold waters of the falls in Glendalaugh.

They call it the emerald island for a reason!

Wild blooming Foxglove were everywhere along our hike at Glendalaugh, and heather too!

More Irish Coffee while we watched the airshow in Bray. 

Cliffs of Moher, otherwise known as the cliffs of insanity for all you Princess Bride fans!!

Trinity Library at Trinity College in Dublin where we saw the book of Kells and a display about Irish independence, won after the rebellion of 1916, 100 years ago.

Poulnebrone, ancient tombs from between 4200-2900 BC--that's before Abraham!

Everywhere were brightly painted front doors. Red, yellow, royal blue, kelly green.

Clover, Blue Bells, and other flowers on the Burren.

I spent most of a morning in LaCreperie, in Greystones, drinking tea, eating this yummy salmon dill crepe, and praying. My phone was off. Internet disconnected. No commitments. 

On the night we traveled back from the west coast, God showed off His glory with this sunset!

A burried chapel on the southern most Aran Island, Inisheer.

An evening of live music at Johnnie Fox's, the highest pub in Ireland in the Wicklow Mountains,

A beautiful view overlooking the largest lake at Glendalaugh.

Now it's back to earth, normal life routine. 
But the sounds, sites, smells, and people of Ireland are still ringing in my mind and soul.

Readers: What are the top three things on your bucket list?

-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads
SaveSave

6 comments:

  1. I love the picture where you are eating breakfast by candle light. How cool is that!!
    I still want to go to Mackinaw Island, Niagra Falls, Alaska and Hawaii. Made Key West this year so I marked it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alaska is in my list!! Ohhh, Key West! Yes!

      Delete
  2. Maui, HI; Northern Ireland (esp. around Ballymena, where some dear online Christian friends live); & Israel / the Holy Land, & / OR the New Heaven & New Earth! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I love that you have fostered some online friends in Northern Ireland!

      Delete
  3. Anne, thank you for sharing this AMAZING trip with us! The photos are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)