Thursday, August 25, 2016

Away at ACFW

Gabrielle Here:

As you read this, I'll be attending the 2016 ACFW Conference in Nashville, Tennessee. It will be my first trip to Nashville, but my fifth time attending the conference. There will be much laughter, hugs, and some tears of joy (especially when we cheer Erica onto the stage for her Carol Award!).

It's a highlight of my year and a time of refreshment, perspective, and growth. I always walk away from ACFW with something to ponder for the rest of the year. There are planned meetings, unexpected encounters, and moments of silence to soak it all in. The worship time is phenomenal, the food is always delicious, and the conversation fills me up for weeks to come.

My very first pitch appointment was captured in a candid
shot by a photographer at the 2012 ACFW Conference.
Here I am pitching to Becky Monds of Thomas Nelson.
When I return from Nashville, I will have one day at home and then I'll turn around and go back to the airport to pick up two of my dearest writer friends, Lindsay Harrel and Alena Tauriainen. They are coming to my house for five days to attend the release party for my first novel on Thursday, September 1st. Melissa Tagg will join us and then we'll spend the weekend brainstorming stories, visiting, relaxing, and seeing the local sights.

It's going to be a whirlwind two weeks, but I couldn't imagine it any other way!

If you think about it, would you say a prayer for all of us here at Coffee Cups & Camisoles while we're at ACFW? It can be a stressful time and hard to be away from our families back home. We'd love to pray for you, as well. If you have any prayer requests that you're willing to share publically, please do so in the comments.

Greetings from Nashville!

Gabrielle Meyer
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website

1 comment:

  1. GABE, have an EPIC time! I'm praying for all attendees and their families. ((((HUGS))))

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)