Monday, August 22, 2016

#ACFW*Nashville2016

It's that time of the year again where hundreds of Christian fiction writers, lecturers, agents, editors, publishers, publicists, speakers, sound & tech, and worship team people will all converge in one hotel for a few days of priceless togetherness.






Several years back I hit one of those decade birthdays where you start to think about bucket lists and my husband says to me: "hey, are you going to finish that book, or am I going to have to write the end of it if you die?"

Well. Thanks, hun. Heeheehee.

But that little thought pushed me to think about what I was leaving behind, for him, my kids, and someday my grandchildren. I decided one of the richest things I could leave behind were my words.

Without words, I couldn't pass on my faith or my love.
Without words, I couldn't tell them about God's faithfulness.
Words are what remind them of the richest of stories.

So, in 2008 I finished my first novel. Most authors will tell you they were very proud of their first novel, but it will never see the light of day! Writing a first novel is only to know if you can accomplish it. But usually it's just for the author to learn from--and that's what I did.

I proudly printed off my first novel in it's entirety. Yep. Didn't need to do that. But I didn't know that.
I gave myself permission to attend a little fiction conference an hour from my house, where I learned about American Christian Fiction Writers national organization and state chapters. It launched me into a network of local writers and I was shocked to learn the closest member lived ten miles from me (thanks Lisa Mills!).

My new friend kindly invited me to room with her in 2009 at the Denver ACFW and I went on a ride I haven't gotten off of yet. This year will be my 6th conference, and I can't wait to see friends!!


I can't wait to worship together. Laugh together. Cry together. Cheer each other onward. Pray for one another.

Whether you are a writer or a reader, find a conference to go to that will give you perspective, encourage you, push you in your spiritual walk, and feed your soul and spirit.

And if you are headed to your first conference, take a look around---you may be looking at life long friends! Stay tuned this week for fun conference updates!
-------------
Blog post by Anne Love-
Writer of Historical Romance inspired by her family roots. 
Nurse Practitioner by day. 
Wife, mother, writer by night. 
Coffee drinker--any time.
Find me on:Facebook
Find me on: Pinterest
Find me on: Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to hear from all of you! I can live vicariously through your experiences. Have fun and post lots of pictures for us, your biggest fans. (and in my case, literally as well as figuratively, ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm praying for ALL who are attending. Have a FABULOUS time. I can't wait to see all those fun photos. (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)