Tuesday, August 23, 2016

#ACFW2016 Bound and 40 Years

This will be me tomorrow! Kissing my coffee mug and chasing down the drivethru (which doesn't take much chasing cause it's stationary :P ) to get my celebratory birthday drink.

You see, tomorrow two AMAZING things happen!

1. I depart for Nashville, Tennessee for the ACFW conference! Anne posted on this yesterday, but it's the entire conglomeration of everyone writerly in the Inspirational fiction market.

I love this conference. It's filled with people who are extensions of my immediate family. Filled with writer-sisters. And pressure--lots of pressure! :)

We'll be pitching to editors and hoping our books sound interesting. I'll be teaching a workshop to 100+ guests (so excited!). And networking, lots of networking! (which is the fun part).

2. Tomorrow I turn FORTY! I'm so excited. Partially because Peter Pan is 4 and he has been quite thrilled to realize that I'll be 4-ty too! Also because I love birthdays. I'm such a kid at birthdays it's not even funny. Confetti and balloons are never too much for me, and really, I'm not all stuck on myself, it's just the fun I'm stuck on. I think forty is going to be an amazing decade. I don't have any of the proverbial angst, and while I will be wearing a black cardigan tomorrow, it's because I hate the A/C blowing on me in the car, not because I'm embracing my inevitable death. Not to mention, who cares if I'm over the hill? It's just a downward slope toward Jesus now, and what's so awful about that?!

So tomorrow holds much of my heart. I will appreciate prayers for the one pang in the day: leaving my family. Cap'n Hook will manage, but I already have an emotional little Tinkerbell whose fairy dust has run out and been replaced by welling tears in her big baby blues. Peter Pan is oblivious--for now. He will not be a fan tomorrow night when Mommy isn't there to sing him Mary Poppins "Feed the Birds" in the dark at bedtime while stroking back his hair and lulling him to sleep. Sigh.

Regardless: TOMORROW TOMORROW, I LOVE YA TOMORROW!

And DON'T MISS OUT ON THIS TRIP!!! I'll be posting an insane amount of Live videos and pictures at my Facebook page, and I'd love love love for you to join me there!

What trips and year activities do you look forward to?

_________________________________________________________



Jaime Jo WrightProfessional coffee drinker Jaime Jo Wright resides in the hills of Wisconsin writing spirited turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Coffee fuels her snarky personality. She lives in Neverland with her Cap’n Hook who stole her heart and will not give it back, their little fairy TinkerBell, and a very mischievous Peter Pan. The foursome embark on scores of adventure that only make her fall more wildly in love with romance and intrigue.

Jaime lives in dreamland, exists in reality, and invites you to join her adventures at jaimejowright.com.


Periscope: @jaimejowright

6 comments:

  1. You're the best ever...love this, all of this. SEEEEEEE you so soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Squeeeeeee! You shall be my shadow!

      Delete
    2. Wait. That sounded wrong. You shall walk beside me!!!

      Delete
  2. I've always made a big deal about birthdays in my family, why not, it's your special day out of all in the year! It's been passed on to my daughter who does the same with my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before you leave on a trip next time, make a recording of you reading to and singing to your kids. They'll love it!
    My mom hand wrote a book when my kids were small with stories of things they had done while spending time with her. She even included photographs. They still talk about that little book to this day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. JAIME, enjoy the conference and spending time with all the INCREDIBLE ones who are attending. Enjoy "face time" with your family. I'm praying for you and your sweet family. ((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)