Wednesday, August 31, 2016

ACFW!

Erica Here:

Peter and I returned home last night from our ACFW/Vacation adventure, and I thought I would share a few pictures with you from the trip.

The Czech/Slovak museum of Cedar Rapids, IA.

Looking up into the glass chandelier.

A Czech immigrant house typical of the 1880's
Two rooms, 8 kids...yikes!

U.S. Grant's home at White Haven. 

Grant's carriage!

Ulysses and Julia Grant. Quite a love story!

The more I learn about U.S. Grant, the more
I admire him.

I white-knuckled it across this narrow
metal-decked bridge across the Ohio.

So so so scared! Check out the grip I have on the steering wheel!

A fascinating and wonderful museum in Paducah, KY.

I got to play with Civil War era firearms!
And...the tour guide was from Kansas! Bonus Points!

This bed and quilt were rescued from a dilapidated KY cabin
that had once belonged to a CSA soldier.

The many flags of the confederacy.

Fort Donaldson monument to the dead who
are buried on the battlefield in unmarked graves.

The battlements of Fort Donaldson.

The Dover Hotel, where US Grant received the surrender
of his longtime friend and West Point classmate
Simon Bolivar Buckner.

Fancy woodwork in the Tennessee State Museum

The oldest Civil War monument...at Stones River in Murfreesboro, TN

Andrew Jackson statue at the Tenn. State Capitol

House Chamber in the Tenn. State Capitol

Seal of the State of Tennessee

The Capitol from the outside. Peter's verdict...Minnesota's
is still the best. :D

So, there's an exact replica of the Parthenon in Nashville.

With a super-ugly statue of Athena..gilded in real gold.

Replicas of the Elgin Marbles.

The Coffee Cups girls on Gala Night!

So this happened...A Bride for Bear was a finalist in the Carol Awards.

And A Palace on the Plains finaled, too.

And The Archaeologist's Find was a finalist.

And Bear Won! 

And I got this pretty thing!
Messing about with luggage carts and tiny purses.

Diet Cherry Limeade. I wish Rochester had Sonic!
So, that was my trip in a nutshell. There are several more photos from the Civil War sites we saw in Franklin, but I'll post those next week.

SIGN UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

2 comments:

  1. ERICA, CONGRATULATIONS on receiving the Carol Award. Thanks for sharing these AMAZING photos! I'm not a fan of scary bridges either! Woo Hoo you made it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Carol! I am still quaking when I think of that bridge!!!

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)