Tuesday, August 30, 2016

A Writer's Paradise

What's a writer's paradise? More writers! :) As Anne's post mentioned yesterday, we just returned from the American Christian Fiction Writer's conference in Nashville, TN!

But there was a major highlight for me....

Celebrating my 40th birthday with my writing sisters!

Myself and my love, Laurie Tomlinson - my bebe! <3

Kara Isaac, my New Zealand sister, whose wit and love keep me normal (or try to)

Three of my amazing "writing" sisters, but why qualify them as such?
They ARE my sisters! Laurie, Anne, and Kara
(missing: Halee and Sarah who weren't able to attend)

I had my first taste of fried green tomatoes. I will never be the same again. YUM!

My birthday blueberry "pie" with lemon curd and hand-churned ice cream.

 
Seven years ago, God brought Anne and Kara into my life through ACFW. I've never had a sister, and always prayed for one. I've had close friends, even best friends, but they all seem to fade with time and distance and never really stick. That feeling that I heard of where a sister just "gets you", that you can "be yourself" with them, that you can "say anything, do anything, be anything" and they still love you? That fast became Kara and Anne to me. Sisters of my heart, swiftly followed by a "chance" introduction to Laurie from Kara who may not have intended us all to bond so naturally, but we did. Halee and Sarah were soon to follow and finally, we were together. My sisters. Who fit every qualification and definition I've ever read about sisters. 

When I was little and prayed for a sister, I didn't know I'd have to wait soooo very long. But everything is worth the wait, and who knew that the Lord would bless me with FIVE.

Do you have sisters?

_________________________________________________________



Jaime Jo WrightProfessional coffee drinker Jaime Jo Wright resides in the hills of Wisconsin writing spirited turn-of-the-century romance stained with suspense. Coffee fuels her snarky personality. She lives in Neverland with her Cap’n Hook who stole her heart and will not give it back, their little fairy TinkerBell, and a very mischievous Peter Pan. The foursome embark on scores of adventure that only make her fall more wildly in love with romance and intrigue.

Jaime lives in dreamland, exists in reality, and invites you to join her adventures at jaimejowright.com.


Periscope: @jaimejowright


12 comments:

  1. Sweet Cynthia H. to Laurie and Jaime: "Are you all *really* sisters?"

    And the answer will always be yes, just not by blood. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No sisters but three really good friends. One I've known for 42 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh. Ditto. And if you dream for sisters but have yet to find them--pray and wait. Be the sister you need and want.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had only brothers growing up. I do not know what it is like to have sisters. Unfortunately, even my sis in laws aren't that close. BUT, I have good friends, and I will live vicariously through your stories of finding sisters. :D (I love hearing your heartfelt stories about them)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwww!!! Sisters of the heart are the best!!!!

      Delete
  5. The Lord has given me a "heart" sister. I'm so happy you were able to celebrate your birthday with your amazing sisters! (((((HUGS)))))

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)