Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Stagecoach Days 2016

Erica here:

Stagecoach Days in Mantorville, MN was wonderful this year! The Dodge County Historical Society put on a quilt show, featuring a 1918 Red Cross Signature Quilt, and the 2012 Red Cross Signature Quilt created by my sister-in-law and myself.

The weather was blistering hot, so lots of folks were happy to come into the museum to take advantage of the air conditioning. :) In the meantime, they got to see some wonderful quilts and learn about the World War I vets of Dodge County.

We sold lots of books, and it was my great joy to help a woman named Gloria find her father's name on the 2012 quilt that lists all the WWI vets of Dodge County, MN.

Here are some photos from that day!

World War One Nurse's Uniform

On the near side is the 1918 signature quilt.

The 2012 signature quilt with the names of the Dodge Count
World War One Veterans.

Nurse's cap, Red Cross membership card, list of Dodge County WWI vets, and
A Bride Sews with Love in Needles, CA.

Gloria posing with the quilt, pointing to her father's name.

Searching for Gloria's dad and Mary Ann's dad and uncle's names.



The Dodge County Historical Society Museum.

Beautiful stained glass windows.
Executive Assistant
Earl Grey Aficionado
Find me on PINTEREST
Find me on GOODREADS
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)