Thursday, July 21, 2016

Christian Fiction Reader's Retreat in Nashville

Gabrielle Here:

I just participated in an online Facebook Party to promote the first annual Christian Fiction Readers Retreat (CFRR), and if the Facebook Party is anything like the retreat, we are in for some serious fun!

I was invited to be a part of the CFRR by three lovely book review bloggers Carrie Booth Schmidt from Reading is my SuperPower Blog, Annie from Just Commonly Blog, and Bonnie Roof from Overcoming With God Blog. These ladies have done a phenomenal job preparing for this event!

Here's a sneak peek at the authors who will be attending.

 
Ahh! First, I'm pinching myself that my picture is included (fourth one down on the far left side!), and second, I'm pinching myself that I am going to meet some of my favorite authors and bloggers, not to mention how much I'm looking forward to spending the day with good friends.
 
Here's a sneak peek at the main speakers:
 

The day is jam-packed full of speakers, author panels, giveaways, a massive book signing, and praise & worship. I can hardly wait!
 
If you'd like to join us, here's the link to register. But don't wait! There are only eight spots available and then the registration will close.
 
I'd love to know if you've ever attended an event like this before. If you have, what was your favorite part of the day? If you haven't, what would you enjoy the most?
 
I have a winner of an advanced copy of A Mother in the Making from my blog post last week! The winner is: Gail Hollingsworth! Congrats, Gail. I'll email you shortly.   
 
Gabrielle Meyer
Find me on Facebook
Find me on Pinterest
Find me on Twitter
Find me on Amazon
Find me on Goodreads
Find me on My Website
 

4 comments:

  1. Last night's party was a blast! And you're right - if the retreat is half as much fun, August 23rd will be my new favorite day. :)

    It was fun getting to know you a little bit last night, and I'm looking forward to really meeting you next month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of everyone able to go! It sounds like it will be beyond fabulous. :) Enjoy every minute of it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this beautiful post on our CFRR, Gabrielle!! I'm so excited that you are a part of it and can't wait to meet you!!

    I've been to individual and group author signings, women's conferences with author(s)present/signing, but never an event specifically for authors and readers that included things such as the praise/worship sessions, large number of giveaways and other fun activities we have planned. It's been a vision that I've prayed about, along with a Christian Fiction author friend, for 3+ years. God has blessed me in placing the desire for such an event in the hearts of Annie & Carrie and placing the 3 of us together to organize CFRR. We've been blessed with overwhelming support from all the authors involved, including yourself. We hope it will become a regular event that will continue to grow, I have no doubt it will bless, inspire, and be a beautiful, unforgettable experience for all who attend.

    I get all "teary-eyed" when I even think about CFRR and how God has orchestrated it. We've seen His hand in it from the beginning through His continuous provisions. We want to thank God for His gift of Christian Fiction and it's authors - hence, the theme: "Honoring God Through Christian Fiction". I'm blessed and so grateful He has allowed me to be a part of it!!

    My thanks to you and Jan for being a part of our Facebook party last night!! Jan, I anticipate the CFRR will be many times the fun of the Facebook party and am looking forward to seeing you at CFRR also - however, please show up Aug. 24th, rather than Aug. 23rd or you'll miss it, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. GABE, it was fun chatting with you at the FB party. I've never attended a Reader's Retreat. I would enjoy meeting my favorite authors and hanging out with fellow readers.

    Have a blast at CFRR!

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)