Wednesday, June 29, 2016

WOW!

Erica Here: So, something very cool happened to me recently. While I was at Gabrielle's retreat in Little Falls, I got a phone call. It was one of the contests coordinators of the ACFW Carol Awards to tell me that not one of my novellas but THREE of them had finaled in the contest. Color me blown away. That had never happened in the history of the Carols. I am so thrilled and excited and blessed!!!

My publisher, Barbour, made this cool deal and posted it on twitter and Facebook to congratulate me. I am truly blessed to work with the wonderful team at Barbour. 


Then my sweet agent made this picture to congratulate all her Carol Award Finalists. I am honored to be among such excellent company. 


And in a stunning turn of events, my husband is going to attend the ACFW Gala Awards Dinner this year! 

Here is a list of all the finalists:


2016 Carol Award Finalists

Contemporary:
Finding Me by Kathryn Cushman, Bethany House (Baker) Publishing, editors David Long, Charlene Patterson
The Art of Losing Yourself by Katie Ganshert, Waterbrook/Multnomah (Random House), editors Shannon Marchese, Lissa Halls-Johnson
As Waters Gone By by Cynthia Ruchti, Abingdon Press, editors Ramona Richards, Jamie Chavez


Historical:
Shadows of Ladenbrooke Manor by Melanie Dobson, Howard (Simon & Schuster), editors Beth Adams, Jenny Baumgartner
Secrets She Kept by Cathy Gohlke, Tyndale House, editors Stephanie Broene, Sarah Riche
Luther and Katharina by Jody Hedlund, Waterbrook/Multnomah (Random House), editor Shannon Marchese


Historical Romance:
Beyond All Dreams by Elizabeth Camden, Bethany House (Baker) Publishing, editor Raela Schoenherr
Through Waters Deep by Sarah Sundin, Revell – A Division of Baker Publishing Group, editor Vicki Crumpton
A Worthy Pursuit by Karen Witemeyer, Bethany House (Baker ) Publishing, editors Dave Long, Charlene Patterson

Mystery/Suspense/Thriller:
The Aleppo Code by Terry Brennan, Kregel Publications, editors Dawn Anderson, Jannelle Tromp
Blessings in Disguise by Nancy Mehl, Guideposts Publications, editors Susan Downs, JoAnne Simmons
Finding Amanda by Robin Patchen, ACFW QIP (Independently Published), editor Holly Lorincz

Novella:
A Bride for Bear from The Convenient Bride Collection by Erica Vetsch, Barbour Publishing, editor Rebecca Germany
A Palace on the Plains from The Homestead Brides Collection by Erica Vetsch, Barbour Publishing, editor Rebecca Germany
The Archaeologist’s Find from The Most Eligible Bachelor Romance Collection by Erica Vetsch, Barbour Publishing, editor Rebecca Germany

Romance:
The Beekeeper’s Son by Kelly Irvin, HarperCollins Christian Publishing, editor Becky Monds
Until the Harvest by Sarah Loudin Thomas, Bethany House (Baker) Publishing, editor David Long
Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Beth K. Vogt, Howard (Simon & Schuster), editors Jessica Wong, Beth Adams

Romantic Suspense:
No Place to Hide by Lynette Eason, Revell – A Division of Baker Publishing Group, editor Andrea Doering
Submerged by Elizabeth Goddard, Love Inspired (Harlequin), editor Elizabeth Mazer
Miracle Drug by Richard L. Mabry, M.D., Abingdon Press, editor Ramona Richards


Short Novel:
Covert Justice by Lynn Huggins Blackburn, Love Inspired (Harlequin), editor Elizabeth Mazer
The Christmas Family by Linda Goodnight, Love Inspired (Harlequin), editor Allison Lyons
The Doctor’s Second Chance by Missy Tippens, Love Inspired (Harlequin), editor Emily Rodmell

Speculative:
Vinnie’s Diner by Jennifer AlLee, Abingdon Press, editors Ramona Richards, Katherine Johnson
Heir of Hope by Morgan L. Busse, Enclave Publishing, editor Karen Ball
The Five Times I Met Myself by James L. Rubart, HarperCollins Christian Publishing, editors Amanda Bostic, Erin Healy

Young Adult:
Angelhood by A.J. Cattapan, Vinspire Publishing, editor Jessica Damien
The Golden Braid by Melanie Dickerson, HarperCollins Christian Publishing, editor Becky Monds
Dauntless by Dina L. Sleiman, Bethany House (Baker) Publishing, editor Karen Schurrer


Debut:
The Thornbearer by Pepper Basham, Vinspire Publishing, editor Jessica Damien
The Calling of Ella McFarland by Linda Brooks Davis, Mountainview Books LLC, editor Carol Kurtz Darlington
The First Principle by Marissa Shrock, Kregel Publications, editor Dawn Anderson

AND!!!!

Happy birthday to my girl, Heather! I Heart You and I Heart Being Your Mama!

Heather at 2, helping grandma pick out flowers.


Heather, fourth grade. What a cutiepie!


My girl. I am so blessed.


Earl Grey Aficionado
Find me on PINTEREST
Find me on GOODREADS
Find me on AMAZON.COM
Find me on FACEBOOK

6 comments:

  1. Exciting! I'm glad your husband is going to be able to go with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh me, too! He cleans up so nice, and I can't wait to show him off. :D

      Delete
  2. WOOHOO!!! Wow, when you do it, you go BIG!! :D That is so awesome, have fun celebrating!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks for celebrating with me!!!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! I think maybe you might just win something ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :D That's what folks are predicting! :D

      Delete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)