Tuesday, May 10, 2016

When Your Spouse Crosses the Line





My husband crossed the line this weekend. He touched my coffee thermos from Starbucks. My $26.00 coffee thermos from Starbucks. He more than touched it. He manhandled it with all the care someone would give a cockroach in a wedding bouquet. He treated it like an infestation.

APPARENTLY (*insert exasperated sigh here*) he doesn't want it sitting in the coffee cup holder in MY vehicle. Well, I suppose my Honda CRV isn't exactly MINE but if you trace our financial history back to when we were first engaged, I DID contribute greatly to paying off his car loan. Which means, that's a credit I'm owed toward our current vehicle which I interpret as giving me full rights to putting whatever thermos I want in the coffee cup holder.

Just sayin' ...

He took my CRV this morning - I let him - my daughter was involved and it was in her best interest. My coffee thermos was sitting on the work bench in the garage when I had to use the pulley-system to hoist myself into his mile-high pick up truck. My coffee thermos is now in the coffee holder in his truck. I'm not sure how he thought he would benefit...

It's hard living with a non-coffee drinker. They just don't understand ... but I love him dearly anyway. Although, if he touches my thermos again I just might touch his hunting bow! :)

How 'bout you? Ever have problems sharing in your marriage? :) :)

____________________________________________________


Professional coffee drinker and best-selling author, Jaime Jo Wright, resides in the hills of Wisconsin writing spirited and gritty turn-of- the-century romance stained with suspense. Her day job finds her
working as a Director of Sales & Associate Relations. She’s wife to a rock climbing, bow-hunting Pre-K teacher, mom to a coffee-drinking little girl and a little boy she fondly refers to as her mischievous “Peter Pan.” Jaime completes her persona by being an admitted social media junkie and a coffee snob. She is a member of ACFW, has seen her work on both the ECPA and Publisher’s Weekly top ten best-sellers list for inspirational fiction, and has the best writing sisters ever!

www.jaimejowright.com
www.facebook.com/jaimejowright
twitter.com/jaimejowright
pinterest.com/jaimejowright
Instagram.com/jaimejowright
Periscope: @jaimejowright
Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/13916081.Jaime_Jo_Wright

10 comments:

  1. Girl, you crack me up. I cringe at admitting I am terrible at sharing food with my husband. "If you wanted sweet potato fries, you should have ordered your own. Every one of these are mine." (Sigh)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOL!!! Now you sound like my husband. He glares if I steal a crumb from his plate :)

      Delete
  2. LOL!! My coffee mugs!! I turn into the Hulk if he even dares to grab one of MY special mugs and actually drink from it. :D It's sadly embarrassing for me to admit it and frankly, I don't even know why I'm so possessive about them. But, DON'T TOUCH THEM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU!!! That's how I feel exactly

      Delete
  3. LOL! You are funny! Us non-coffee drinkers just don't get it. A cup is a cup is a cup...unless of course it's holding my tea!!! :D

    Fortunately, my husband doesn't drink tea either...and I would never drink his nasty Mt. Dew.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A cup is not a cup. NAYSAYER! It's a MUG. And they are my preciouses

      Delete
    2. Sorry Erica, I'm TOTALLY with Jaime here. Preciouses.

      Delete
  4. Um, yeah. I do NOT share my cheesecake. My husband always steals a bite then tells me it always tastes better off someone else's plate.

    Have I mentioned I pull his chest hair when I'm mad at him? DO NOT TOUCH MY CHEESECAKE. Or my Illy coffee beans. NEVER. EVER. EVER.

    ReplyDelete

Hey friend! Please leave a comment, no lurking allowed ;)